“Very Good, but some issues”
Review of Hotel Talisa, Vail

Hotel Talisa, Vail
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Vail
NYC
“Very Good, but some issues”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times, and I would stay here again in the future. For the most part it is a very good hotel. The staff is pleasant and helpful. The resort is big, so it can take awhile to get to your room from the lobby. The complimentary wi-fi is a huge plus.

Charter Sports is located on site and rents ski and snowboard gear. You can buy your lift ticket right outside the lift that is also located just outside Charter Sports. It is very convenient.

The business center is a huge rip off. I hope you don't need to use the computers or print anything (printing is super expensive). It is located next to an office where a hotel employee was yelling and grunting. Very strange. Also, don't have a fax sent to you at the hotel. It goes into a black hole.

The rooms overall are kept up very well. They are clean and comfortable and you can find a humidifier in the closet. The rooms that overlook the Vail bus stop and the lift are a tad loud. Constant shoveling and beeping coming from buses or other equipment.

Atwater restaurant is very good. The quality of food and service is great. The only weird thing was that they expect you to re-use the same knife for appetizer/salad and entree. I had the warm spinach salad with poached egg, so there was egg reside on my knife. Usually nicer restaurants give you clean utensils between courses.

Overall it was a pleasant stay, and I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Great value in vail. All the amenities without being over the top. If you're interested in skiing this place has it's own lift, rental shop and a big outdoor hot tub to rest after a long day. For those not interested in skiing or snowboarding, the restaurant, the bar, coffee shop, and library should be enough to keep you occupied. There's also a shuttle that runs every 10 minutes to Lions Head and Vail Village.

Stayed January 2014
John G, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Chuck,
Thank you for sharing your recommendations and feedback on TripAdvisor. We enjoy hearing from our guests and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time in Vail. Should your travels bring you back to Colorado, we’d love to welcome you again to Vail Cascade.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Recently attended the Wintersoul Fest...my first ski experience as a Colorado native. Hopefully not my last. Was nervous about the expense but glad I bit the bullet and kept my reservation. Steve, and Everett were very nice and helpful. The food was awesome. My room was very comfortable and clean, the shuttle drivers were fun and very helpful. Getting around was easy! Other travelers were nice and friendly, the live music was pleasant. I can't say enough good things! My stay was the best. I'm not sure what other places in Vail are like but if I ever return...I will only stay at the Cascade. My only regret was not being able to share the experience with my daughter. She would feel like a princess. You will love everything about this place! Promise!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Ray,
Thank you for choosing the Vail Cascade Resort for your recent visit from Denver. We’re truly honored by your review and appreciate your feedback. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed our amenities, location and cuisine and we agree that our intimate setting and personalized service are not typical of any resort. Vail Cascade is truly special and we treat each guest with genuine and dedicated attention.

We do hope you do return again and hopefully with your daughter! We’re sure she’ll love it as well.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I took my two daughters on a short weekend trip to Vail and discovered this place. Highly recommend. It had everything along with a friendly, courteous staff. The secluded chair lift was a big bonus! After skiing, the hot tub and pool were great distractions. The concierge gave us great advice on places to eat, which were easy to get to with the free shuttle the hotel provides to vail village and lion's head. Great place and well worth the money paid.

Room Tip: Just ask reservations where you want to stay based on your desire and they'll do their best to a...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Johndar
John G, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Johndar,
I am delighted to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with your vacation at Vail Cascade! With so many great places to stay in Vail, we’re honored that you selected Vail Cascade for your family getaway. The next time you’re in Colorado, we’d love to see you again!

San Diego, California
Reviewed 22 January 2014

When arrived into Vail late due to delayed flight, 11:30pm. When we got to the Cascade resort there was no one to check us in. After waiting for someone to get to the front desk we were greeted by an employee who seemed less than happy to help.
The rooms are spacious but thats about all I can say is good at this resort. The lobby was dirty and looked very worn and uncared for. The robe in the room had stains, the decorative pillow had a stain (yuck!) and the sink was clogged and wouldn't drain.
Thankfully we were only staying here for one night. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kathryn,
As a resort that prides itself in exceeding Four Diamond standards, I’m disheartened to read your review. We greatly appreciate your business and value your feedback pertaining to your experience. It is unfortunate to hear about what you encountered at the front desk and in your room and I can assure you that it is atypical of what our brand represents.

Taking good care of our guests is our top priority and I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly to address and rectify the concerns you mentioned. Your feedback will help to ensure that future visits to Vail Cascade are nothing short of excellent for you, your family and for other future guests.

Again, my apologies for the uncommon yet less-than-satisfactory experience. Please feel free to call or email me at your convenience if you would like to further discuss.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My girlfriend (fiance after this trip) and I stayed here over MLK and had a great time. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The resort has great amenities -- top notch spa and gym, outdoor hot tubs, pool, ski in/ski out. The onsite restaraunt was also pretty good, though we mostly ate breakfast there, so I can't speak to their dinner. There's also a great little bar just off the lobby that was packed most of the afternoon and evening.

Some reviews have suggested that the resort needs some updating, but we thought it was in quite good shape. It's not exactly the Four Seasons -- definitely more of a lodgey feel to it -- but still very nice. Our room was certainly up to par and had a nice little balcony.

Another perk is the free shuttle. It runs at least every fifteen minutes from in front of the resort and stops in Lionshead and Vail. Very convenient and had we known about this in advance we probably wouldn't have even rented a car.

The only thing I'd give a negative review to is Charter Sports ski rentals, but unfortunately there's not really another option anywhere unless you bring your own skis. The guy who fitted us for boots had no idea what he was doing -- gave us both the wrong boot sizes and took forever getting them. He gave us the exact opposite of correct advice on how they should feel and how they should be strapped up and also only fitted me for one boot. I had the skis fitted and then went to put on the second boot and realized my feet weren't the same size so I had to get new boots and go through the whole process again. Also, pre-booking meant nothing because you can print out a 30% coupon online.

Overall, minus Charter Sports, I'd have no hesitation recommending this resort to anyone. Great trip!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ryan,
First let me take a moment to congratulate you on your engagement and send you best wishes for a lifetime of happiness! Very exciting!

Thank you for your recent stay at Vail Cascade and for sharing your experience. We always appreciate hearing from our guests and from what it sounds like, you had a great time and enjoyed all of the amenities that make our resort so special. I will pass along your feedback pertaining to Charter Sports – thanks for letting us know about your situation – I know they will appreciate it as well.

We are grateful for your business and would love to see you and your fiancé again in Vail. The snow continues to fall and the conditions are great! If you like the winter in Vail, you should come in the summer.....our resort provides the perfect backdrop for a memorable mountain wedding.

Australia
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Just got back from an amazing long weekend in Vail and stayed at this resort on our last night for some resort relaxation. It is a great resort for skiing the mountain as there is a ski lift from the hotel up the mountain, a ski run down right next to the hotel and a ski concierge service also right there. Very Very convenient and you don't have to battle the crowds at Lionshead Village. It is a very nice resort with all the amenities you could want. Great outdoor heated pool and nearby jacuzzi with firepit along with a lovely view of trees and mountains, nice bar area, great in house restaurant with a great breakfast buffet and lovely service all round. This place also has an indoor basketball and tennis court and spa....really...it has all the amenities you could want. We didn't use the shuttle as we had stayed in town the previous days, however wherever you stay in Vail, the free shuttle service is phenomenal! with a bus every 5-15mins. My only thought was that for such a large resort/hotel, their jacuzzi is a little on the small side for so many people and hence it can get a little crowded sometimes...especially as the resort is so family friendly. The decor of the rooms could also use a little update. Otherwise, great resort and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple