“Ski in Ski out--Best treatment ever by Charter Sports”
Review of Hotel Talisa, Vail

Hotel Talisa, Vail
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Castro Valley, California
“Ski in Ski out--Best treatment ever by Charter Sports”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Vail Cascade is a wonderful resort both winter and summer. But I have to say that the attention you receive from the Charter Sports staff in the rental/retail shop makes the stay exceptional. They even help you put your boots on and off. This is the most convenient way to ski. We have gone back 4 years in a row!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
John G, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Cratto,
As a loyal guest of Vail Cascade, we would like to thank you for choosing the Vail Cascade Resort for your recent visit from California. We are truly honored by your review and appreciate your feedback, especially since you are a returning guest. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed our ski-in/ski-out location, ski concierge services and the treatment provided by Charter Sports (we agree- they’re great!). We will pass along your comments so that everyone can enjoy them.

We do hope you do return again - the snow continues to fall and this winter is quickly becoming one for the record books.
Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This resort is a gem and I highly recommend it. It's not located in Vail Village, but do NOT let that influence you - the shuttle is quick and the resort has its own chair lift, lift ticket counter and ski storage. At the end of the day you can ski through the woods and over Gore Creek right back to the resort. The views of Gore Creek and the woods from the restaurant, outdoor pool and hot tub are amazing. Rooms are large, quiet, clean and nicely decorated. Above all....the staff is extremely helpful and courteous. Well worth the money and we will definitely be staying here when we return to Vail.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Brian C,
Thank you for your business and your recommendation of Vail Cascade Resort on TripAdvisor. We agree – our location, amenities, and of course our staff can’t be beat! Thank you for sharing a detailed review of your experience at Vail Cascade. If you decide to replay your stay, we would love to have you again. Please feel free to contact me if there’s anything I can do to make your next visit even more wonderful.
Westchester County, New York
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We love the beautiful Vail Cascades Resort and deliberately chose to stay there on our return to Vail. We booked our trip through Travelocity in December and were counting the days until we would arrive. We sent our skis and boots by Fedex to the ski concierge at Vail Cascades and were happily packing on Saturday. That morning, one day before our flight scheduled for Sunday 2/16/14, we were informed by our airline that our flight was cancelled. We immediately called the airline for rebooking. It is a vacation week in the East, our area is also recovering from a severe winter storm on Thursday, the 13th. There were absolutely no flights into Colorado available until much later in the week. The agent tried everything, she just could not get us on a flight to Colorado and promptly refunded our ticket money. I contacted Travelocity immediately. We know from past experience that you can't be a "no show," that you have to cancel the hotel reservation 24 hours before arrival. Travelocity confirmed what happened with the airline and then set out to contact Vail Cascades. From 2/15-2/17, Travelocity called the hotel two or more times daily to be told the manager was "not available" and no refunds were allowed without manager approval. We called on our own and were told "no refunds, have Travelocity speak to the manager."
Now, I understand, hotels have to have some kind of protection against cancellations, but we are not at fault here. We feel completely swindled. I think this is a very bad business practice. As returning customers, they should have and could have done a better job of trying to help make things right. We certainly did not expect to lose the entire $2,400, the cost for four nights... Yes, we had Travel Insurance and we are pursuing this now, but if you've ever gone through travel insurance, it is not for the faint of heart. Be very careful making a vacation package reservation to Vail Cascades Resort and Spa. Perhaps the hotel should add ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS to their Travelocity website information in bolded capital letters. I do want to point out, that every other reservation made for this trip, Colorado Mountain Express and lift tickets with Vail Peaks Pass was immediately refunded to us. What a disappointment!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bindiboo
Dear Bindiboo,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. My name is John Garth and I am the Managing Director at the hotel. We take great care in reading through all of the reviews posted and we were disheartened to read about your experience. With all the winter storms back east, it has caused quite a bit of travel issues this season, which unfortunately has affected many travelers across the nation. We are always willing to help our guests to the best of our abilities as we take great pride in providing superior service to everyone. We hope you give us another chance to earn back your loyalty and I personally invite you to call me directly if I can assist in any manner.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We just wanted a place to rest between skiing and fun. What we got was so much more!! It's not the newest place but I sort of like the older style that gives a sense of time passed. It was spotless and well cleaned every day. Everyone was friendly and extremely helpful. They'd help you pick places to go or best times to go. They had the 411 of how to get where and best roughs.
They gave us a room on the bottom floor, thinking we'd love being near the fire pits and Jacuzzi (it was an anniversary trip for us) but for me being from NY I don't like being that close to the central hub of things or on a ground floor with people passing by our room. I asked (expecting a hard time) to be moved but it was no problem and I was placed in a new room with an amazing view and awesome balcony!! The tub was so deep you could drown and the shower pressure was very good!!! Our sheets, pillows and bed itself felt great. They even have a humidifier in the room which we used each night and really helped us!
The resort has everything you want/need small store, ski shop right on sight (OMG they were AMAZING IN THERE!!! So helpful!!) restaurant and bar. It also, had heated pool ...LOVED IT, rocking chairs at two fire pits with someone who came out with the making of smores...more excited then we were about it too!! You couldn't help but have fun. The least loved was the bar as the wait staff left me feeling like they were doing me a favor by being their...but the wine and drinks were still good...not the best of the trip but when you're tired it will do for a night cap. They even have live music each night. You were no more than a 4 min. drive to the center of Vail. I looked into some of the other hotels during my stay, as I wanted to know if I was really missing out on anything...in my opinion all I missed out on was the bigger bill!!! I'd book it again in a second!!!

Room Tip: I got a room in the center above the fire pit and loved the veiw and location to night roaming of th...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Boulder, CO
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We intended to visit just one night. My husband and teen sons loved the convenient skiing -- equipment rentals, ski concierge and ticket booth on site, chair lift right outside the door. I loved the huge fitness center and spa -- great place to relax the day away. Resort shuttle to Vail Village was incredibly convenient. Breakfast buffet at the restaurant had enough variety that it seemed like a great value. Room was large enough, comfortable and updated; double sinks outside the bathroom are great. Live music in the packed bar area. All this right on site. We checked out after one night but spent the day and then planned to head home after dinner. When the highway was closed due to weather, the front desk was very gracious -- a great deal on a second night. We are Coloradans, and Vail Cascade is now our go-to spot in Vail.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Juja80301
John G, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Juja80301,
Thank you for your business and your endorsement of Vail Cascade Resort. We would be honored to be your ‘go-to spot in Vail’! We take great pride in providing superior service and are thrilled to hear about your stay. With Vail’s largest fitness center and spa, Aria Athletic Club is an amazing experience and we’re thrilled that you enjoy it. We hope to see you and your family again soon. The snow continues to fall and the skiing conditions can't be beat!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This was very nice Xmas weekend, we rent a car from Denver and drove to Vail, booked the hotel through their website, cheaper from Expedia and similar sites.
Place is great, they have their own shuttle, and its very fast every 1/2h if I remember correctly. We had only one time breakfast at the hotel, and it was great, but the most of the time we dine in town.
Would definitely go again if we decide to go back to Vail.

Room Tip: Restaurants in hotel are closing early and hotel store doesn't offer a lot if you like your wine...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear celsolph,
Thank you for your 5-star review; we are humbled by your generous comments. The holidays in Vail are truly a special place and we’re glad to hear that your stay was memorable. The snow continues to fall and we’re having a great winter – we’d love to see you again! If you do decide to return, I’d ask that you reach out to me so I can ensure your next visit is even more special.
Thanks again,
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I have been all over the world and I have to say this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. We had our wedding in Vail and had about 100 guests all staying at the Vail Cascade. The staff is VERY friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to fulfill all of our needs all week. Great bar, great pool, great rooms, excellent food. I really cant say enough good things about this hotel. They even remembered us when we came back the next year for our anniversary! They truly make you feel like a VIP. I look forward to going back every year.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jason,
First let me take a moment to say congratulations on your recent wedding and send you best wishes for a lifetime of happiness! We are truly honored that you selected Vail Cascade as your host hotel for your special celebration. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your experience and from what it sounds like, you had a memorable time, which is great to hear. We hope you make your anniversary a tradition by coming back to Vail Cascade year-after-year. We will go above and beyond to ensure your stays exceed your expectations.