“Great Ski Resort”
Review of Hotel Talisa, Vail

Hotel Talisa, Vail
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Cascade is one of the cheapest places to stay on the hill but was still far more expensive than places we typically stay. Cascade was worth every penny. The room was large (always nice when you have tons of stuff like you do when skiing) and nicely furnished. They have a ski concierge who takes your skis and boots and stores them overnight (as well as your shoes when you’re out skiing) which was so convenient I’ll be looking for it the next time I’m deciding where to stay when skiing. The resort has a private lift which is great and makes getting on the hill as easy as can be. I have to believe that most of the other resorts on the hill have a much longer walk before you can get on a lift.

Service was friendly throughout the resort. The bar was very nice with a decent craft beer selection (albeit not as good as they think it is). All in all a great place to stay that I’d highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
John G, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear ScubaBucky
On behalf of all of us at the Vail Cascade, I wanted to offer our sincerest gratitude for the opportunity to have you as our guest! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our ski and snowboard amenities and convenient access to Vail Mountain. It’s amazing how quickly you can be bed-to-mountain with our unique location and onsite chair lift (having no lift lines is pretty awesome too). With all the snow this season, it’s been a great year on the mountain and we hope to welcome you back soon! Please don’t hesitate to contact me personally should you need any assistance in arranging your next visit.
Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,184)

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed at the Vail Cascade Resort & Spa last week and regret it was only for one night. Nevertheless, the staff treated us like honored guests at every point. The resort is located right at the base of the Cascade lift, which saves a lot of time and energy getting on and off the mountain. Spa facilities are available to guests who have already checked out, and I definitely recommend that you take advantage of the opportunity to refresh after a long day on the mountain. Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Laura,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent ski getaway at Vail Cascade, a Destination Hotels & Resorts’ hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to provide detailed information on your experience and are delighted to hear you enjoyed all the amenities that make our resort so special. We hope you do return, but hopefully next time for a longer stay!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

2-20-13. Fly in from DFW. Arrive to resort and checkin at 2pm. Room not ready. Went to restaurant and it was closed. After spending 1.5 hours in Bar drinking and eating pizza, room still not ready. It is now 4:05 and not even an offer for resort credit. I am so upset. 3 nights at $1000 was considered a discount. Never again!!!! Was to attend IPCU medical conference. Afternoon session started at 3:30pm. Thanks for your support. Won't be attending this conference again if this is the expected service.

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank cmcrookshanks
John G, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Mr. Crookshanks,
Thank you for posting your feedback on your recent stay. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your conference in Vail. From what it sounds like, you were waitlisted and encountered some challenges with your reservation, which we can understand is frustrating.

Our check-in time is at 4pm and on occasion we are able to get our guests into their rooms earlier than that, however, we take great pride in ensuring our rooms are cleaned to a Four Diamond level and have a check-in time so that we’re able to provide a clean, comfortable environment. The check-in and check-out times are communicated throughout the reservation process, as well as listed on our Website and in our reservation confirmation and pre-arrival emails.

Our restaurant hours are from 7am-11pm and anytime our guests need something after-hours, we’re always happy to open our Market Café and provide them with something to eat.

Again, thank you for providing a review of your stay. We always appreciate hearing form our guests. Please feel free to call or email me at your convenience if you would like to further discuss.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Vail Cascade is a wonderful resort both winter and summer. But I have to say that the attention you receive from the Charter Sports staff in the rental/retail shop makes the stay exceptional. They even help you put your boots on and off. This is the most convenient way to ski. We have gone back 4 years in a row!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Cratto,
As a loyal guest of Vail Cascade, we would like to thank you for choosing the Vail Cascade Resort for your recent visit from California. We are truly honored by your review and appreciate your feedback, especially since you are a returning guest. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed our ski-in/ski-out location, ski concierge services and the treatment provided by Charter Sports (we agree- they’re great!). We will pass along your comments so that everyone can enjoy them.

We do hope you do return again - the snow continues to fall and this winter is quickly becoming one for the record books.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This resort is a gem and I highly recommend it. It's not located in Vail Village, but do NOT let that influence you - the shuttle is quick and the resort has its own chair lift, lift ticket counter and ski storage. At the end of the day you can ski through the woods and over Gore Creek right back to the resort. The views of Gore Creek and the woods from the restaurant, outdoor pool and hot tub are amazing. Rooms are large, quiet, clean and nicely decorated. Above all....the staff is extremely helpful and courteous. Well worth the money and we will definitely be staying here when we return to Vail.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Brian C,
Thank you for your business and your recommendation of Vail Cascade Resort on TripAdvisor. We agree – our location, amenities, and of course our staff can’t be beat! Thank you for sharing a detailed review of your experience at Vail Cascade. If you decide to replay your stay, we would love to have you again. Please feel free to contact me if there’s anything I can do to make your next visit even more wonderful.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We love the beautiful Vail Cascades Resort and deliberately chose to stay there on our return to Vail. We booked our trip through Travelocity in December and were counting the days until we would arrive. We sent our skis and boots by Fedex to the ski concierge at Vail Cascades and were happily packing on Saturday. That morning, one day before our flight scheduled for Sunday 2/16/14, we were informed by our airline that our flight was cancelled. We immediately called the airline for rebooking. It is a vacation week in the East, our area is also recovering from a severe winter storm on Thursday, the 13th. There were absolutely no flights into Colorado available until much later in the week. The agent tried everything, she just could not get us on a flight to Colorado and promptly refunded our ticket money. I contacted Travelocity immediately. We know from past experience that you can't be a "no show," that you have to cancel the hotel reservation 24 hours before arrival. Travelocity confirmed what happened with the airline and then set out to contact Vail Cascades. From 2/15-2/17, Travelocity called the hotel two or more times daily to be told the manager was "not available" and no refunds were allowed without manager approval. We called on our own and were told "no refunds, have Travelocity speak to the manager."
Now, I understand, hotels have to have some kind of protection against cancellations, but we are not at fault here. We feel completely swindled. I think this is a very bad business practice. As returning customers, they should have and could have done a better job of trying to help make things right. We certainly did not expect to lose the entire $2,400, the cost for four nights... Yes, we had Travel Insurance and we are pursuing this now, but if you've ever gone through travel insurance, it is not for the faint of heart. Be very careful making a vacation package reservation to Vail Cascades Resort and Spa. Perhaps the hotel should add ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS to their Travelocity website information in bolded capital letters. I do want to point out, that every other reservation made for this trip, Colorado Mountain Express and lift tickets with Vail Peaks Pass was immediately refunded to us. What a disappointment!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bindiboo

Dear Bindiboo,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. My name is John Garth and I am the Managing Director at the hotel. We take great care in reading through all of the reviews posted and we were disheartened to read about your experience. With all the winter storms back east, it has caused quite a bit of travel issues this season, which unfortunately has affected many travelers across the nation. We are always willing to help our guests to the best of our abilities as we take great pride in providing superior service to everyone. We hope you give us another chance to earn back your loyalty and I personally invite you to call me directly if I can assist in any manner.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We just wanted a place to rest between skiing and fun. What we got was so much more!! It's not the newest place but I sort of like the older style that gives a sense of time passed. It was spotless and well cleaned every day. Everyone was friendly and extremely helpful. They'd help you pick places to go or best times to go. They had the 411 of how to get where and best roughs.
They gave us a room on the bottom floor, thinking we'd love being near the fire pits and Jacuzzi (it was an anniversary trip for us) but for me being from NY I don't like being that close to the central hub of things or on a ground floor with people passing by our room. I asked (expecting a hard time) to be moved but it was no problem and I was placed in a new room with an amazing view and awesome balcony!! The tub was so deep you could drown and the shower pressure was very good!!! Our sheets, pillows and bed itself felt great. They even have a humidifier in the room which we used each night and really helped us!
The resort has everything you want/need small store, ski shop right on sight (OMG they were AMAZING IN THERE!!! So helpful!!) restaurant and bar. It also, had heated pool ...LOVED IT, rocking chairs at two fire pits with someone who came out with the making of smores...more excited then we were about it too!! You couldn't help but have fun. The least loved was the bar as the wait staff left me feeling like they were doing me a favor by being their...but the wine and drinks were still good...not the best of the trip but when you're tired it will do for a night cap. They even have live music each night. You were no more than a 4 min. drive to the center of Vail. I looked into some of the other hotels during my stay, as I wanted to know if I was really missing out on anything...in my opinion all I missed out on was the bigger bill!!! I'd book it again in a second!!!

Room Tip: I got a room in the center above the fire pit and loved the veiw and location to night roaming of th...