“Wow! Beautifully appointed condos!!”

Willows Condominiums at Vail
Willows Condominiums at Vail
Ranked #9 of 41 Speciality Lodging in Vail
Reviewed 20 March 2010

With recent renovations at the Willows these accommodations are now top notch!! A very cozy fireplace, hot chocolate/fruit station, and friendly front desk person awaits at entry. The rock waterfall Jacuzzi is the size of a swimming pool.Just beautiful! PROS: The 2 bedroom condos are very large and well appointed. Top of the line appliances(WOLF/Viking?) in kitchens, granite, wood floors, fireplace, beautiful furnishings, washer/dryer,comfortable bedding, split bedroom plan (privacy), walk to autobahn slope, underground parking included, 3 flat screen TV's.
CONS: maintenance/manager? office in front of Jacuzzi makes you feel as though you are always being observed. A little unnerving! A good value for Vail. I would return.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank kitesurfcaddy

Reviewed 12 March 2006

My wife and I and another couple shared a two bedroom at the Willows/Riva Ridge in February 2006 while skiing in Vail. Overall the place gets the job done. We were new to Vail so we were looking for a place close to the slopes and decent enough for normal people.

Our room was fine, basically a standard ski resort place with nothing special about it. The room still had the retro 1970's thing going on with the decorations but we weren't too picky about that. It had ok beds, a den to chill out in with a full kitchen we never used. They had a free continental breakfast which we used every morning which was nice, We were a few blocks max from the lifts which was great.

One thing I noted was not knowing Vail I tried really hard to book a place close to the lifts. In reality the town is a lot more compact than it looks on the map and if I did it over again I would not be so picky. Walking is easy and short unless you're in the back parts. The rental place keeps your skis and boots for you so you don't lug anything anyway.

We're not professional skiers, just a couple in our early thirties who likes to go to nice places and do fun things. On that note, we've done Whistler B.C. as well and liked that place better. The skiing setup was better, on Vail we spent a lot of time trying to find our way back to the village on maps and such. Whistler is much easier and it all funnels back into one place. Whistler also has a more international feel, you feel like you're truly in a different place vice Vail where it's pretty standard American. We'd do Whistler if we had a choice.

Hope this helps.

• Stayed: February 2006
6  Thank olozbal
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 March 2006

Stayed for the first time in Vail in the studio room. It had a Murphy bed that folds into the wall. It was okay for just 2 people. Nice little fireplace and good location. Full kitchen. Went during peak season, so prices where pretty high. But if you can get it at a good rate, it's an okay hotel. Had all you needed for the stay. It's a bit of a walk to the "bunny slopes" but within walking distance to the lift for midvail. Not a ski in/out facility though. I would return if I couldn't find better rates elsewhere. No negative experience, but not my favorite place.

• Stayed: February 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 February 2006

I got a great deal on a 1 bedroom condo here during prime season. The location is excellent, the breakfast is a nice touch, and the rooms are great. Nice kitchens with everything you need- granite countertops (which are nice)- gas fireplaces- free internet access in the lobby.
The only issue was the size of the bedroom- teeny tiny! But certainly not that big of a deal. Perfect for a couple- or a couple with a small kid, but not for 2 couples to share one place IMO. (and I am only talking about the 1 bedroom condos)
I would not hesitate to return!

• Stayed: January 2006
5  Thank ladyleahNYCArea
Reviewed 5 July 2005

The willows is really a great place to stay in Vail on a budget. I go in the summer only so I cannot comment on anything related to skiiing. If you want a one bedroom "large suite" fo a decent price, it is great. The service has always been good and it may be the cleanest place I have ever stayed, very important to me. The kitchen is a good size for the size of the unit. The bathrooms had been remodeled when I was there last.

The cons, ask about your room's view. You can get a room with a balcony overlooking Willow road or you could end up with one over looking the parking lot, not good! Also, the fold away sleepr sofa's matress was TERRIBLE. Springs were sticking up through it. If you will be planning to use the sofa sleeper, you are better off bringing an air mattress or staying somewhere else. Check the internet for better rates than the ones posted, you can do better. I have never paid their posted rates. If you were to pay those rates, you would be better off looking around. You could probably do better for the money in that event.

• Stayed: July 2004
5  Thank Wayway
Reviewed 2 April 2005

My family stayed at the Willows over our spring break. It was a wonderful place to stay. I had booked the reserv. online based on what I had researched from this site and AAA. We stayed in a one bedroom condo which was perfect for my family. It was well furnished, extremely clean and was in a great location. We could not have been happier. I loved having a condo and a complimentary continental breakfast. Vail is an expensive place in general. The restaurants and shops are mostly upscale ones. Having a place to prepare some meals made it a little more reasonable. Also, the spa was one of the cleanest I've seen. I would recommend this property.

• Stayed: March 2005
6  Thank trvlgrl422
Reviewed 13 March 2004

The Willows was wonderful. The location, right in Vail Village was perfect for us. We could walk with our ski boots on right to the lift. The staff was very courteous and helpful and the 1 bedroom condo was quite adequate for the 2 of us. The continental breakfast each morning was much more than I thought it would be. Great variety from cereal to bagels to fruit to yogurt. The place was very clean including the hot tub room and the housekeeping staff were quite hospitable. We will be going back to the Willows!

5  Thank missythegreat