“Massage”
Review of Sonnenalp Spa

Sonnenalp Spa
Ranked #1 of 15 Spas & Wellness in Vail
More attraction details
Owner description: Luxurious spa located at Sonnenalp Resort.
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I have visited other resorts in Vail and this is my favorite. The service is impeccable! The facility is very nice, saunas, indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs, even turkish baths. There is an oxygen bar, infused water, teas, and fruit. You can also order from their cafe menu. There is a nice lounge area with a fire which is very relaxing. My masseuse was Mick! He was amazing! Probably the best massage I have ever had! He is young and very knowledgable. I had a fantastic time at the Sonnenalp. You can come early or stay after your service and enjoy the facility as long as you like.

All reviews
"knee surgery"
"lovely spa"
"fitness center"

Reviewed 4 October 2012

I can't speak highly enough of my experience at their spa where I had a manicure on my recent vacation. The dry mountain air caused my nails to split and crack as soon as I got to town so I was desperate for relief. The manicurist did a basic moisturizing manicure with a light polish for a reasonable rate with a fall discount. The atmosphere in the spa is friendly and soothing - I would have loved to spend the rest of the day.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

The girl who was supposed to give me my massage was running behind, so they gave me a discount. I enjoyed sitting by the fire, reading magazines, and drinking tea while I waited.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Been here 20 years, always go back to the Sonnenalp Spa for the best service and services in the Vail Valley. Jessica, Dana and the rest of the staff consistently provide amazing service and professionalism, making me feel at home and in good hands any time. Spring and Fall specials make it affordable but service never, ever falters. When I need a break, I go to the Sonnenalp Spa!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We visited the Sonnenalp Spa recently - I had the mud wrap and a signature pedicure and my wife had a seaweed wrap and the signature facial (the specific service that the spa features as its lead service). The facilities are excellent with a nice exercise room, an indoor and an outdoor hot tub, and a combination indoor and outdoor pool. There are male and female separate steam, sauna and located in the "wet" rooms for each gender, and a cold plunge pool in the men's room. The sitting area is nicely done inside and outside and the grounds are located right on Gore Creek with a lovely view. There is an oxygen bar, a full spa menu, a nice selection of quality products (which are NOT pushed on you by the staff).

The spa services were all high calibre and represented very good value for money spent. The atmosphere was peaceful, balanced, calm and very customer oriented. There is valet parking available onsite and it is also a close walk to the parking structure and bus stops.

Been to Sonnenalp Spa? Share your experiences!