“Worst service I have had in years - very disappointing”
Review of Sushi Oka

Sushi Oka
Ranked #92 of 127 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We love to eat out and have dined in Vail for years. We went to Sushi Oka for Hibachi dining and what a disappointment from the start. We sat at the bar waiting to be seated and were greeted by the least friendly bartender that I can remember. We had a few drinks and sat down for dinner. It took 20 minutes for just drinks to arrive and then the meal started. I had to get up and get our second glass of wine myself, had to run down some steamed rice myself, had to get my own iced tea and even had to find my own refills. You would think the waitress would have gotten the clue by then. When we got the bill: they ADDED 18% gratuidty for our party of 4! I told them matter of factly that I was offended that we would get this type of service and have the gratudity added for our small party of 4. We of course wont be back. There are too many other fine options in the Village.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I'm a vail local and went to Sushi Oka for the 1st time since it was located next to my friends hotel. After sitting down and reviewing menu we questioned leaving...looking back I wish we would have. If you want good sushi this is NOT the place. First off we ordered seawood salad and it was frozen. They also use Crab Mix in almost ALL their rollls. For those who don't know crab mix is imitation crab (krab), which is a cheap substitution. I did not see anyone doing habachi, but maybe that's good there. If you want sushi go to Yama, even Nozawa is better than this place. Matsuhitsu is good, but extremely expensive for what you get.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

Sushi oka is one of my favorite asian food restaurants in Vail. Their food is very tasty and they are running a great deal of 40% off the entire check, but unfortunately they reduced their portions by 40% also.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

We had hibachi which can some folks sticker shock. We actually saw one family leave. But their prices were really not out of line from most places similar to them. The chef was very entertaining and engaged with our kids. The food was very good and everyone got plenty. Some of the waitstaff was being trained but they were friendly and very prompt. Didn't have sushi but looked like they were running good specials. Place was full which is always a good sign.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

My husband and I brought our daughter in to eat at Oka for some Pad Thai and sushi. They also had other Japanese selections and a hibachi grill for groups.
The sushi was good quality, the Udon was great too. I thought the Pad Thai could have used more flavor. It was a bit bland, but all in all it was acceptable.
We will eat at the grill next time! Those folks were having fun! We will go back.