“Sushi Was good/ hibachi fish was terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Sushi Oka

Sushi Oka
Ranked #90 of 123 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Vail, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sushi Was good/ hibachi fish was terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Wr went here for lunch with my wife and 5 kids. I ordered halibut hibachi. When they placed it on the grill i said to the cook that it was swordfish. He said no you have halibut. I do not eat meat only fish so i like to think i know my fish.

When he served it to me it tasted like really old swordfish... Very fishy and it was bad... I did not eat it..

At the end of dinner i told the waiter that i ordered halibut and got swordfish and it was bad. I told him everything else was fine. He laughed and thought it was funny. I thought he was going to give me. Small credit or free desert, but he did not offer anything and pre added the tip so i could not deduct anything. It was $340, not only the most expensive restaurant we ate at but the worst and the roodest..

Anyway i have come to vail for years. We now stick to our favorites and dont venture out much...

Save your money and do yourself a favor. Go anywhere but here....

London
“not their greatest day”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I came in en spec to find an argument going on with the front desk and a group that could not fit on the table. Eventually got to the bar to eat and was served the most awful hot and sour soup. Did not eat it. The main arrived and it was just about edible. The waitress offered to take the soup off the bill, but didn't.

Really not a very good experience and one of my rare terrible ratings is given.

• Visited January 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Good sushi, hibachi is great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

We ate here thee times, twice for sushi and once for hibachi. Sushi is good, relaxed atmosphere and not outrageously priced. Rolls are very complicated, we are used to more traditional japanese food than these rolls with so much packed in. Hibachi was a highlight of our trip. Fun night for the kids and the food was good. We upgraded to fillet steak and it was lovely and tender. Nice wine list too that was not over the top.

• Visited January 2014
Houston, TX
“Decent restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

The food was fairly good and moderately priced(by Vail standards). It was a mixture of Japanese, Chinese, and Thai food.

Visited December 2013
Monument, Colorado, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love the Fried Rice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

Excellent fried rice and hibachi. I could've eaten just the fried rice for dinner. Half off sushi was very fresh and a great price

Visited December 2013

Been to Sushi Oka? Share your experiences!