“perfection”
Review of The Galatyn Lodge

Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The Galatyn Lodge was the absolute perfect place for my family to stay for our winter ski vacation. The size of the condo, the courtesy of the staff, and the proximity to the Gondola was all completely ideal. The kitchen was fully appointed with everything you would need to cook for a family. The sheets and towels were all similar quality to what I buy for my family. My favorite thing about the Galatyn was that it was extremely nice, without any pretense. That is my favorite combination:)!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 January 2014

My family recently stayed at the Galatyn over Christmas and New Years. Perfect location in Vail Village close to everything but just far enough away to provide a quiet atmosphere. The room exceeded my expectations from a size perspective, but maintained a very cozy, warm feel. Two large, comfortable bedrooms and a large main room for the kitchen, living room and dining room - i never felt crowded even when we had 10 guests over for dinner. The staff was super nice and incredibly helpful whenever we needed anything. I have family in the area that visited daily, the staff made it very easy for them to park and accommodated their ski equipment as well. the place is extremely quiet - it was as if we had the entire place to ourselves. There is no restaurant in the hotel, but having a full kitchen (full fridge, microwave and double oven) allowed us to save a ton of money on food. the kitchen has everything you would need any kind of meal. Located very close to the Gondola, it made it easy to get on the hill in the morning, and we could ski in to about 1/2 block from the hotel at the end of the day - perfect. Great heated pool to relax in at the end of the day. If you want a great experience and aren't hung up on having all the nicest of the nicest and all the other entrapments of the more expensive places to stay, this is the place to be. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2013

The Galatyn Lodge is a wonderful place to stay at the base of Vail. It is convenient to the new gondola one, has a great heated pool and the rooms are spacious. it is located within walking distance of many wonderful restaurants. The staff is most helpful and courteous. I would highly recommend this lodge to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I recently stayed at The Galatyn Lodge for a week during the ski season. The place is fantastic, extremely close to everything and walking distance (really walking distance!) to the lifts. I stayed in a 2-room suite and the spaces are extremely comfortable. The living room is huge. Andy, Brian & Lisa were extremely nice. One day I wanted to use the computer and it was not working. The next day they had purchased a new computer and let me know that it was ready for me to use it. Nice!.
According to my wife, the sheets and towel were good but for the price they should consider renovating them for better quality.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
TheGalatynLodge, General Manager at The Galatyn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Hello and thank you for your kind review of our lodge in Vail Village.

You'll be happy to hear that we're dedicated to improving the quality of our bedding. Just last week we made the decision to upgrade to finer linen quality on all of our beds, along with all new pillows and down comforters. We'll also have new terry robes for our guests to use when going for a swim in our 100 degree pool.

We look forward to hosting you and your family again in the future!

Best regards,
Andy Ford

Reviewed 17 February 2013

I stayed at the Gatalyn for 5 nights in February. I really enjoyed the hotel and staff. Andy and Brian were extremely friendly and service oriented. It is a quaint boutique hotel close to the slopes. They provide ski lockers with boot warmers. There is not a restaurant in the hotel but they put a small refrigerator in the hotel room if requested. They always have fresh cookies out front with a great coffee maker and chocolate. I really enjoyed my stay. Lastly, they do not charge to park your car in the garage. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This was a quick weekend getaway with my wife and parents. We were absolutely amazed by the level of service given at the front desk. The room was amazing with a full kitchen, dining room, and family space. The pool was warm and secluded...a very nice treat! I would recommend this property to anyone wanting a great, well placed condo!

Room Tip: The Caribou Suite is amazing!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2011

A weekend stay in Vail for eight, including grown children, in-laws, and two toddlers, could have been a taxing and ridiculously expensive experience. Instead, we had a blast! Our four bedroom condo at the Galatyn Lodge, although not cheap, left absolutely nothing to be desired. The bedrooms (each with its own bath) were large and extremely comfortable. The kitchen contained every pan/utensil/cleaning item we desired. The thoughtful layout of the condo allowed the babies to have uninterrupted naps in seemingly soundproof bedrooms while the rest of us partied around the fireplace. The nearest chair lift, shops, and restaurants were a short walk away. The hotel staff was helpful and truly friendly. We felt at home, and we will definitely return!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family