“Fantastic food, great value...good kids menu too”
Review of Sandbar Sports Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sandbar Sports Grill
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Lets start with saying, I hate to eat at restaurants because I rarely feel I get what I pay for. I usually feel like I can make better food at home. I was amazingly impressed with Jason and crew at Sandbar. The food was actually prepared by the people in the kitchen (Jason) instead of pre-processed. My kids got chicken fingers that looked like chicken, mac & cheese made from scratch. We had brisket that rivals the best smokehouses. My wife and I shared a half-pound burger that was creative and not ordinary. And finally, lets not forget the sweet potato fries. This place cannot be getting the recognition it deserves. And the prices...lets say I spent as much on lunch earlier in the day in Eagle and didn't get half the food. Thanks Jason and Nichole!

Reviewed 11 February 2011

Been here a few times. A very popular bar in Vail. I have been there only at lunch time and find it quiet and relaxed. Food it good for pub grub and there is a good variety of beers on tap. I think that food is available just about all day.

This place is very popular on Wednesday's during ski season for "White Trash Wednesday", where around 300 early 20's age group gather for a huge drinking fest.
Lucky that Vail is really relaxed with liquor/licensing laws.

They have a large number of large screen TV's for sport of every kind.

Reviewed 19 September 2010

Great food and cheap. We had a comfy couch and 3 tv's to ourselves. Great for games

Reviewed 29 June 2010

The food is unremarkable but okay. They did have some decent lunch specials and the bartender/waitress was pretty hot. Tripadvisor needs to add a box to rate the hotness of waitresses. Service was good.

I'll never understand why there are beach themed restaurants in the mountains of colorado.

If I was in the area I'd choose the westside cafe every time over this.

1  Thank RexMason
Reviewed 14 June 2010

Great food for a bar but it's a sportsbar so don't expect fancy. Clean with decent decor and plenty of TVs.