“Beautiful new resort - excellent 5-star service”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 22 January 2012

It was my first trip to Vail, Co. My husband had to go on a business trip in CO, and we decided to make a weekend trip out of it. I met up with my husband on Friday evening and returned to LA on Sunday evening. It was a short but very fun trip. We chose t stay at the Four Seasons Resort in Vail because for whatever reasons, it offerred the best rate at the time, even better than a 4.5 star resort. It was just $565 a night including complimentary breakfast buffet for 2, taxes, and all fees. We booked directly through the hotel website. It was a better deal than what we could get from other known travel sites. I recall wondering why the rate was cheaper than a 4.5 star resort which was more than $600 a night, but thought it was almost brand new resort (just opened in Dec 2011) and it was The Four Seasons!! I did not think we could go wrong there. I was right. Everything was great. It was beautiful, comfortable, and everyone was really nice. The only problem we had was we could not stay longer than 2 nights!! My husband is a great skiier, but I never skiied before. He bought me a full day lesson. I did not exactly enjoy it because my left ski boot was cutting in to my shin the whole time and it was really hurting me. When we were done for the day, bruises were showing on my left shin. I don't know what went wrong. I guess I'll have to try again, but it did not leave me feeling too cozy about skiing. However the resort was truly lovely, and you should check it out if you wanted to go to vail to ski. The resort is really close to the ski lift area that you can walk to. There's a shuttle also that picks you up from the front of the hotel. It is next to the town. We ate at the hotel and did not eat in town, but we could have walked there if we wanted to. The food at the hotel was not too expensive, and it was really good. If you were going to vail and rent a car, please use a snow chain or rent a four wheel drive. We did not do that, and we lost control of the car. My husband was unable to break at the light, and the car just kept on going. Luckily we did not get into an accident but we saw cars that went over the side of the road due to losing control also. If we were going to vail again, we'd definitely consider staying at the Four Seasons again if the price is still reasonable. Oh they have a ski shop inside the resort that you can book your ski lift tickets and get all your rentals in advance. So it was very convenient.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pon N

Reviewed 15 January 2012

This property really is exquisite, and so is the service. No doubt this is a genuine 5 star property. I stayed there for a week of skiing. The rooms are huge, modern and the bed probably the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Service from the staff immaculate. The ski concierge really makes the whole skiing experience just about perfect. The only part that took the edge off this stay for me were some of the hidden costs. Get ready for this... $16 for a hot chocolate!! Also, a surprise $30 per day "resort fee" annoyed me to no end. It's not the $30 that bothers me, it's the fact that it was not mentioned up front, and makes a mockery of the "free" coffee and muffins etc at the ski concierge. This is an issue of integrity. Really and truly, just add it to the room rate rather than hide it. If not for this, I would give this property top marks. The envy of vail this hotel, they just lost me a tad at the end, and they would have had me as a return guest, guaranteed, if not for the hidden resort fee and silly silly prices of drinks and food. However, I'll probably get over it and run back next season

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank ASMULREADY
Reviewed 13 January 2012

My husband and I stayed with the Fox #1 Club in August, 2011. This was our first time staying at a Four Seasons hotel and they certainly deserve the ratings. We were pampered by all of the employees. The property is absolutely beautiful and located on a lovely, little Vail street. The pool area is lovely.
The Four Seasons is located in an idyllic area, with many restaurants and shops nearby.

I had never considered going to Vail in the summer, but it was the most incredible vacation. We went zip lining, biking down the mountain, and hiking. You can rent bikes at the base of the mountain with the gondola. My husband's favorite activity was the ATV trip up to an elevation of 12,000 feet. We went on the Nova Guides Tour from the Camp Hale Area. Our guide was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. I'm 50 and I never really thought I would love an ATV ride so much. I drove my own ATV and it was an incredible experience! So ladies, you can certainly do these activities with your husband. It's wonderful! We loved Vail, I can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cream78
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Quiet hotel with grand service. Effortless trips to ski lift Ski Concierge handles it all. Loved the warm ski lockers and Hot Chocolate and coffee. Hotel has homemade muffins first thing in the morning. You won't want to miss the spa. CO-ed lounge was Lovely and accomadating for many guest. Warming by the Fireplace in Spa Robes with Hot Tea was the icing on the cake after a hot tub/ spa sauna on a Ski filled day.

Room Tip: Probably not a bad room here. Great breakfast but no buffet while there. Nespress Machines in ro...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2011

The Four Seasons Vail has it figured out and they are still relatively new. Your ski equipment is stored in heated lockers at their ski concierge at the mountain's base...they actually will carry your skis the 100 yards to the lift line if you desire. In the concierge is water/fruit/cookies, basic ski apparel for purchase and the nicest girls to help you in and out of your boots! The main hotel has suites on one side and rooms on the other. I have stayed in both. The kitchens in the suites are AMAZING and all the rooms are spacious. The standard room on the other side of the hotel had a fireplace, large bath and a deck off the room. In between the two ends are great public areas that are different by floor. The outside pool is never closed and it is bordered by several hottubs. The men's spa area also has a huge hottub and a cooler tub as well. 1st rate all the way around!

Room Tip: I think overlooking the pool was better than not.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Este Hotel está hermoso, el servicio inigualable, al llegar la habitación está lista con un humidificador y la chimenea prendidos en la temperatura ideal, el gran baño está precioso y con ammenities de Lóccitane wow, el desayuno buffet de primera! A mi hijo le regalaron de bienvenida una coke y palomitas!

Room Tip: La mountain view es hermosa.
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2011

My family had a wonderful experience at the Four Seasons Vail Resort over the Thanksgiving holiday. The staff really made or visit special as they were very attentive and went out of their way to setup special experiences for our kids. The guest rooms were very enjoyable as they were well appointed and exceptionally spacious. The ski concierge and the beautiful outdoor heated pool made the family experience much easier and truly special for the kids (who wouldn't enjoy heated boots and swimming while the snow is falling overhead). The staff at the ski concierge facility does a terrific job with the kids (the help with the young ones in getting boots on and having skis at the bottom of the slopes is terrific). The quality of the facilities and the well trained staff are what you would expect of a Four Seasons resort and this hotel lives up to and even exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Thank David and Krist... N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vail
The Sebastian - Vail
#3 of 30 in Vail
Vail Mountain Lodge
Vail Mountain Lodge
#6 of 30 in Vail

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail? Share your experiences!