“visit the Spa-world class service”

Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Olympia
“visit the Spa-world class service”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The entire experience at this location is excellent, but the Spa is on a whole other level.
Everyone from the top down is friendly and attentive. They make sure the experience you have here is top notch. I have been to this resort twice and am in the Spa daily. Use it even when you aren't getting a treatment. The level of service doesn't change just because you are merely utilizing the steam/sauna/jacuzzi/pool. Excellent times 100.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
FSVail, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you KJNoll for the great feedback. We are so happy to hear you love our spa as much as we do! Being a Five Star Spa is a true testament to our incredible staff who work there, and I will be sure to pass along your kind words to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your third visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel from 8th to 12th March 2014. We defaulted to the Four Seasons for this visit to Vail following an exceptional stay at the Four Seasons in Whistler during 2013. Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Four Seasons Resort Vail. The room (king bed) was very modern and clean (and bigger than we expected), the ski concierge was first class and, generally, the service was very good. Our only significant disappointment was the bar (important to us for relaxation and meeting other guests), where we found the service to be below standard. We used the bar on our first two nights. However, due to the poor service we experienced, we used the bar at the Sebastian Hotel (across the road and excellent) on nights three and four. Don't be put off by these comments. We would definitely consider staying at the Four Seasons Resort Vail again as our overall experience was very good. However, we will not default to the Four Seasons next time, but have a good look at the alternatives too.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jonathan C
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback, we truly appreciate your review. Our sincere apologies for the slower service you received in our bar, we will share this with our teams as we always strive to provide high service levels and hope you will give us a chance to recover next time you are visiting Vail. As loyal Four Seasons guests we would love to hear any other feedback you have for us so we can continue to grow and improve, please feel free to contact me directly at 970-477-8603.

We are thrilled to also hear that you were able to enjoy our large rooms and personal ski concierge, this is something we take great pride in. I hope we are able to welcome you back to Four Seasons Resort and Residences, Vail in the future and provide you with a complete 5 star stay!
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed here while I interviewed for a job in Vail. The service is excellent and the shuttle service is very convenient. I was able to use the shuttle to get some groceries at a nearby Safeway and the hotel lent me a small fridge to put in my room so that I didn't have to eat EVERY meal out in the very expensive town. Nevertheless, I had 3 meals at the Flame restaurant in the hotel (one breakfast, one lunch, and one dinner). They were all very good. I will review the meals in a separate review.
Highlights of the hotel:
-The jacuzzi was nice on a cold, snowy night. There were attendants to help us with anything we needed, and even offered s'mores by the fireplace. The jacuzzi temperature could have been warmer, but perhaps the cold night and snowfall cooled it beyond their intentions.
-The hotel lent us some snowshoes, which was very nice. Apparently snowshoeing isn't a big thing in Vail, however, so we got some quizzical looks.
-The location is fantastic.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Alexis D
Boston
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We spent three nights at the four seasons in February 2014 and had a wonderful stay. The hotel is beautiful, the spa was perfection and the service exceptional. Every request was addressed almost immediately and the staff was very helpful. The location was perfect, within a short walking distance to everything that mattered, but far enough to give the resort a bit of calm and quiet. Nicely done four seasons.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melanie H
Grand Haven, Michigan
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. It was extremely relaxing. The unit was beyond expectations in décor and spaciousness. The location is close to restaurants and shopping.
The ski storage has lockers that will dry your boots and an area for beverages and cookies after getting off the mountain. Staff will help you get your skis to the gondola. This hotel make you feel pampered.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Debneededescape
Kahului, Hawaii
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Finding the property was quite easy and being greeted by the guest services staff was very welcoming after an hour-and-a-half drive. Being ushered into the lobby by the guest services staff, we were escorted to the frond desk for our check-in process...and although our room was not ready, we were asked to enjoy any of the hotel's services and amenities - and we did.

Suffering from an injury as a result of a motor vehicle accident, I was in pain and discomfort. We walked downstairs to the Spa and were greeted by Jodie and the team, who set me up immediately with a therapist, Jane, who worked magic for 25 minutes!

The room was immaculate, spacious and set with a roll-away which we requested. Turn down each night included an individual glass water carafe and glasses for each of us in the room (3), slippers and a lit fireplace.

The amazing amenities also included daily hot chocolate (with made-from-scratch whipped cream, scraped chocolate and marshmallows) and brownies poolside, net to a roaring fireplace, along with smores (yes, that you actually make as opposed to being prepared) from 6pm-8pm.

Flame Restaurant is unbelievable - the Wagyu beef, Bison Ribeye and Miso Fish, finished with their chocolate souffle will leave a lasting impression.

The most amazing experience involved the Spa on the final night, which also was a celebration of my wife's birthday. We asked for their "best" experience and according to my wife, almost three hours later, it was (and she is a Spa "frequent-flyer"). Their staff is simply amazing, as most are, but topped it off by having a signed birthday card (signed by all of their staff), along with these amazing chocolate truffle "balls" and champagne, which they promptly exchanged once they learned that we were non-drinkers.

We have been to several Four Seasons properties and indeed, they are at the top of the 5-Diamond experience. Vail is definitely a destination for the beauty, experiences and yes, 5-diamond memories.

Room Tip: If you're not happy, just ask....they truly aim to please!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Craig T
FsrVail, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Craig T,
Thank you for sharing your memorable experience with us. I'm very happy to read you enjoyed your experiences in the Spa, Flame and with our Guest Services team. I hope you are feeling better, and would love to welcome you back to our resort in the near future!
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Being in the hotel industry as an investor, my qualifications of any hotel experience are usually the result of measuring my stay through high standards and detailed judgement.

I spent 7 nights just recently at the Four Seasons Vail. I have to say that I can qualify my experience at the highest level on all possible criteria. Starting from the beautiful property of the Four Seasons within a superb location that is walking distance from the heart of Vail Village. The real estate is impressive, no complaint whatsoever of the premises. In addtion to the former, I would highlight the Four Seasons Ski Concierge service which makes the ski experience much more comfortable: the attention starts from the usual ski rentals to carrying them for you all the way to the gondola and receiving them at the mountain base when you finish your ski day. This in itself added to having an assigned locker for your whole stay (as opposed to renting a locker only for the day as in any usual ski rental place) enchances your whole experience. Topping this is the personalized and unique service that differentiates Four Seasons form any other hotel operator.

Honorable mention to Mr. Herron´s (the General Manager) professional and attentive style in running his business. This was by far one of the best ski trips I have had as it refers to my lodging experience. I believe there is no better hotel experience at Vail than staying at the Four Seasons.

I left with the feeling of wanting to go back very soon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FdoDelgado
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vail
The Sebastian - Vail
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Manor Vail Lodge
Manor Vail Lodge
#5 of 30 in Vail

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail? Share your experiences!