“$12 orange juice”

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Whyalla, Australia
“$12 orange juice”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was charged $12 plus tip, tax for an orange juice should have been less than half of that! Plus was charged a day after my confirmation for the room plus a resort fee usually FS gives you a 10% discount for this payment up front ,also promised a hot chocolate on arrival after a drive in hazardous icy and snowing conditions from Denver which was nowhere to be seen. On arrival in the room opened the mini bar to find the cupboard was bare, what is the point of a mini bar when it is empty? Not the sort of thing you need after a long drive arriving at 7pm.
The steak I ordered from room service was excellent but in a modern trend it came with nothing else plus all the all too familiar add on charges including a charge to bring the meal to the room not a fan of this little number.
Room and bathroom was up to the familiar FS standard but overall could have been and should have been better, checked out 12th of May 2014
FS will retain a lot more of their more than loyal customer based if they put the client and their comforts clearly at the top of their to do list.
Plus could have had a better breakfast choice avaliable

Room Tip: find out when you will be charged
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank JeffDesmond
FSVail, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear JeffDesmond,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Resort in Vail. We were saddened to hear that you were not completeley satisfied with the services you recieved. We strive to take all commentary we recieve and to learn and improve from it. Given the opportunity I would like to discuss your comments further
and can be reached at (970) 477-8602.

We were also pleased to see you enjoyed the steak you ordered from our In Room Dining. Our culinary team pride themselves with sourcing the best quality meats and dry aging them to perfection in-house.

Warm Regards,

Mark Herron

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 11 June 2014

As with other Four Seasons I have stayed at, the staff is what makes the stay memorable. Always excellent and helpful. The rooms are large and clean. I can't speak to the dining room as I was there on a business meeting and the meals were catered. The catered meals however were very good. The one breakfast we had was OK but nothing special for the price. Bar is nice but again nothing special. Since the hotel is right on the edge of Vail Village and a short walk/bus to Lions Head there are dozens and dozens of restaurants and bars nearby. I would definitely stay there again but would probably do my eating and drinking down the street. Note: this was off-season so things might be different at the height of summer or winter.

Room Tip: I think most of the rooms are pretty good but I would stay away from the I-70 side of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DenverSkiNut
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The beds are a slab of granite. Rock hard. So bad I woke up at 4 in the morning because my back was in such pain. I got them to add some additional bed pads but that merely made it tolerable. Take lots of Advil while sleeping. (I haven't slept in a bed this bad in the U.S. in 20 years.)

They also nickel & dime you to death. On check in it was a 5 minute litany of "do you want to upgrade to this... how about that..." The wifi is free, for a slow connection for 1 device. If it's more devices and you want high speed, that's $15.00/night. Room service has 3 surcharges so a $10.00 sundae becomes $18.00. So 4 stars for being the Ryan Air of hotels.

And they overdo the being friendly. This is true of a lot of very nice hotels but it always annoys me. I don't want a quick question to turn into my having to relate how my day has been. Only my mom gets to make me do that.

Aside from that - perfect. Amazing facility that is beautifully finished. Giant bathtub & TV in the bathroom mirror (my wife was in love with that). Spacious rooms. Room service 24 hours. Heated pool with 2 hot tubs. Fully equipped exercise room with no one in it.

But rock hard mattresses are a deal killer. This was my first and probably last time ever at a Four Seasons. We normally stay at the Tivoli or Sebastian up here and both of them are great - with comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Bring an air mattress to sleep on
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank David T
FSVail, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear David T,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear you had some issues during your stay and want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will use your feedback to continuously strive to exceed expectations. Please feel free to contact me to further discuss your experience at (970)477-8602.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities and that your guest room was spacious and beautifully furnished. We hope to welcome you back in the future to provide you with a memorable, extraordinary stay.

Warm regards,

NYC
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I love the four seasons vail. this was my second stay here and both times I used the spa services which were flawlessly executed. The rooms were decadent and smartly appointed. The staff was gracious and helpful. The view and the hotels' proximity to vail village with all the great restaurants and shops is paramount to ones decision making upon where to stay. Highly recommended for a memorable vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank caramianyc
FSVail, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear caramiancy,

Thank you for your review and mention that you would highly recommend Four Seasons Resort Vail for a memorable vacation. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our 5-Star Spa, the guest room, and most of all our staff services! Please visit us again soon.

Warm regards,

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 3 June 2014

How much I love this property! We came here over MDW and had an absolute blast. It was the off season and we came to relax, we basically had the (heated) pool to ourselves and indulged ourselves in some spa treatments. I know it gets crazy during the winter but you should def check it out in the summertime too! Head over to Minton for some nice trails - a great way to connect with nature.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool can get loud during the daytime
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle A
Dear Mazzy5983,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. Words cannot express how much I love Four Seasons Resort Vail as well!

Our 5-Star Spa and heated outdoor pool definitely make for a restorative and refreshing weekend getaway. I hope you are able to return this summer and enjoy it all over again.

Warm Regards,

Mark Herron,
San Clemente, California
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The Four Seasons is a class act even in the down time of travel to Vail and the little town closed for renovation they made sure that we had what was needed in this 5 Star Resort and the staff was attentive to all our needs and very helpful in providing an excellent atmosphere for the conference I attended and the service was exactly what you would expect from a hotel of this caliber or better!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PBJ53
Mumbai
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Four season's is a centrally located resort hotel in Vail. The staff is very courteous and always eager to help. I stayed here for 3 nights in May 2014. It was an off season so most of the shops and some of the restaurents were closed in the vicinity. The hotel has well equpped Gym, a good swimming pool. The restaurent is also good and the breakfast spread is quite good. The services of Chef are available to provide hot made to order dishes. The rooms are large and quite comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sanjeev_2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vail
The Sebastian - Vail
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Manor Vail Lodge
Manor Vail Lodge
#5 of 30 in Vail

Been to Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail? Share your experiences!