“One of Our Vail Favorites”
Review of Alpine Tavern - CLOSED

Alpine Tavern
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Bighorn Road
Transit: East Vail Bus (Blue Line. Bus stop is "Racquet Club")
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Really creative menu and the best edamame we have ever enjoyed. It was whipped with herbs and served on fresh, baked tomatoes, squash and other vegetables. The flavors were heavenly. We visit Vail often from the East Coast, and this restaurant will be a must on all our visits. The waiter was terrific and knew his wines as well. Super wine list and not so expensive to boot.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

Great start for our July 4 weekend! Great food and really liked the restaurant design. The mussels appetizer was inexpensive and a meal by itself, the shrimp entrée could not be beat! Super service as well.  I tried the NY Strip on the salad, great combination. We will be back.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

We were tired and exhausted after a week of heat and wildfire smoke in Denver. What a wonderful find. Fresh salads, especially the Caesar, the salmon dinner cannot be beat. The service is really good with kids, my two had a great time. We will go here often.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

It was my family's first time at the Alpine Tavern and we were pleasantly surprised by both the good service and quality food. We were staying in East Vail, saw the restaurant last Friday night and decided to give it a try. My kids (ages 10 and 13) and my wife and I really enjoyed the good variety of food and found the service to be friendly and fast. We were tired after a long day in the mountains and this was exactly what we needed. I'll definitely tell my friends that visit Vail they should try out the Alpine Tavern...we will be back again!

Reviewed 25 March 2012

my wife and I visited this restaurant on the recomidation from a friend that lives in east vail. He had stated that it was the best restaurant near his house. we came to find it is the only restaurant near his house so my friend wasn't wrong. However I would never reccommend this to anyone. Upon arrival a old Italian man was yelling at a guest because they were a little late for there reservation. Then when we were seated and the waiter was going over the house specialies such as strawberry chicken and Osso bucco I mentioned that Ti Amo has these same dishes prepaired the exact same way. She said that Paulo (the old Italian) had previously worked there in the front of the house and brought these dishes with him when he became the cook here. To bad he didn't bring the chef as we tried these dishes now at both places and they were a very poor representation. I do not see the reason to take (steal) the specialties of other restaurants especially if they cannot be prepaird correctally. I would never recommend this restaurant unless you want to have bad food, and have the possibility of being berated by the old angry Italian

3  Thank scubafreak68