“Hidden Gem”
Review of Flame Restaurant

Flame Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Flame Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 129 Restaurants in Vail
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Frontage Road
Transit: Town of Vail and ECO Bus.
Description: Make dining fun again. Four Seasons Resort Vail has reinvented Flame Restaurant with inventive twists on classic steakhouse favorites. Start off by tempting your palate with elk corndogs and a duo of dipping sauces, indulgent sides, such as truffled comte fritters with wild mushroom and bacon ragout, or satisfy your sweet tooth with maple bacon doughnuts with cherry bourbon compote. Of course, our menu still offers a variety of prime steak selections, like the 32-ounce dry-aged Waygu Ribeye, which is cooked to perfection under our 1,800 degree custom broiler, paired with house-made sauces and carved tableside.
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

This is a great restaurant hidden away in the Four Seasons hotel. We are glad we found it. The steak was amazing as was the carpaccio. The service was over the top and each were super friendly. Probably my favorite waitress of the week!

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

With many choices in Vail to choose from, I would rank Flame among the top restaurants in town. Excellent steak, seafood and condiments. Although a little pricey, I would definitely recommend giving it a try if your budget warrants it.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

It's a Four Seasons and that says it all. However, I'll add that the filet mignon steaks were absolute perfection. They are served with your choice of "rubs" (we had the mushrooms) and were served with 6 dipping sauces which all added to the enjoyment. I hated to see the meal end. The service was just what you would expect from a 5-star restaurant. Of course it's pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

The staff here is very accommodating and your wish is their command. I had the Berry salad, Ahi Tuna wraps which were delicious. The fresh peanuts sauce and fresh Ahi were delightful combination. I ordered a glass of the Sterling Cabernet glass the waiter opened a new bottle without hesitation..

I really enjoyed my visit.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We won an all expenses paid trip to Vail, CO which included free food and drinks for the entire weekend...so we decided to go out to a nice dinner our last night there. If you haven't been to "Vail Village," let me tell you. It's a great place. We walked to Flame from our hotel (the Bud Light Hotel aka The Lodge at Vail) which was less than a mile away. The restaurant is in the Four Seasons Hotel which is one of the many beautiful hotels in the village. It was a Saturday night, so we figured it would've been slammed, but it was pretty quiet. There was a Sublime concert down the road that I think the whole state of Colorado was attending, so that could've been the reason.
The restaurant was very nice and elegant, although the waitress could've been a little more personable. I think she figured since we were a young couple, we weren't going to leave her a good tip. But when we did, she came over to thank us and smiled for the first time that night.
Other than that, the food was awesome. It was definitely the best meal we had all weekend.
We started out with the Tuna Tartare which was delicious. Then I had the Kobe Flat Iron and my girlfriend had the Bone-In Filet. Both were amazing. For sides we had the White Cheddar Mac & Cheese and the Grilled Asparagus. Both also great. We were too full for dessert, but they all did look and sound good.

All in all...great trip, fantastic dinner, and we would definitely go back if we ever make it back to Vail.

Been to Flame Restaurant? Share your experiences!