“Whitewater Rafting - Aug. 2013 - Awesome!”
Review of Timberline Tours

Timberline Tours
Ranked #2 of 19 Tours in Vail
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Offering Vail-area whitewater rafting and jeep adventures to Vail, Colorado visitors, locals, families and corporate groups, Timberline Tours is the largest and most experienced outfitter in the region. With state of the art equipment and a staff famous worldwide for extraordinary skills and service, Timberline Tours consistently sets the standard for safety and fun on the water and in the mountains. From sightseeing, to nature and wildlife viewing to adrenaline pumping adventures, Timberline Tours offers something for everyone. Three times voted the Vail area’s #1 outfitter, celebrating 40+ years of world-class adventures.
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Whitewater Rafting - Aug. 2013 - Awesome!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We used Timberline Tours for a rafting trip on the Shoshone. The time on the river was awesome. The entire experience was very good. They picked us up at our hotel, provided all the necessary safety gear and accessories, the guides and drivers were very engaged and attentive to all of us. We will use them again.

Visited August 2013

1 Thank Jim B

Prairie Village, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Memorable, perfect day”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband and I took our 4 kids - ages 4,6,8, and 10 on the Shoshone trip through Glenwood Canyon. I was nervous to take our four year old, but they picked me and my daughter up a mile down stream from the drop off point, which misses the class III rapids. It was perfect for our whole family - the scenery is spectacular - have always enjoyed it when driving, but able to fully appreciate it from the raft. And the rafting level was perfect for our kids' ages - I did not worry for their safety. Furthermore, the staff was so nice - everybody from our driver to the guide, Tyler. Would do it again in a heartbeat!!!!

Visited July 2013

1 Thank Jenny R
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic First Time Family Rafting Experience”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The highlight of our trip to Colorado this summer was our white water rafting experience with Timberline Tours. I don't know who had more fun, my husband and I or our 12 and 10 year old children! I was impressed by the Timberline Tours guides who were extremely experienced and combined a high level of safety with a whole lot of excitement. Our guide was Shawn, and his guidance and encouragement made it a team building experience for our family as we worked together to navigate through the Brown's Canyon section on the Arkansas River. We had a lovely lunch included and with the travel time involved it was a full day of activity. I cannot recommend this tour company highly enough.

Visited August 2013

Coto de Caza, California
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Nice views and enjoyable for the whole family”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We took the private jeep tour with our family of 5 up to a huge clearing where the kids got out to run around and we enjoyed the views. This was definitely not a thrill tour (which we didn't want) but the views were great. If you want to get right into and up the mountain and do not want to drive yourself this is the way to go. We were picked up at our hotel and returned to the hotel exactly on schedule. He even brought us right through some of the smaller towns off the eaten path. There was water and snacks provided when we stopped (only there were so many mosquitos it was hard to hang out there long so bring bug spray!) My youngest is 3 and we put the car seat in the jeep and it was great for him. If you want a reliable, knowledgeable tour guide these are your people!

Visited June 2013

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Brown's Canyon rafting adventure”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Guide, Christian, was very knowledgeable, fun to be with, and an excellent guide. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend a day! The lunch provided was very good. I highly recommend this rafting tour for white water rafting.

Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Been to Timberline Tours? Share your experiences!