“A Wonderful Time”

Timberline Tours
Ranked #2 of 19 Tours in Vail
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Offering Vail-area whitewater rafting and jeep adventures to Vail, Colorado visitors, locals, families and corporate groups, Timberline Tours is the largest and most experienced outfitter in the region. With state of the art equipment and a staff famous worldwide for extraordinary skills and service, Timberline Tours consistently sets the standard for safety and fun on the water and in the mountains. From sightseeing, to nature and wildlife viewing to adrenaline pumping adventures, Timberline Tours offers something for everyone. Three times voted the Vail area’s #1 outfitter, celebrating 40+ years of world-class adventures.
Dayton, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Wonderful Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

My mom and I just got back from a white water rafting trip and we LOVED it! Our guides (Rookie Josh and expert Chris) were funny, kind, and definitely knew what they were talking about. Another boat of guides went ahead of us because it's the beginning of the season and they were checking out the river, and they all were wonderful too. You can tell how much care, passion, and dedication everyone involved has for what they are doing. I went on a class III this time and I am excited to try a class IV next! I would definitely go on more trips with Timberline.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank KaliHeart

Cornwall, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best part of our trip to Vail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

For the life of me I can not remember our jeep tour guides name but he was amazing! We wanted to see wildlife, flowers, mountains and lakes and he accomplished all of this beyond our expectation - we even saw a Moose!! Our tour was about 5 hours long and it was filled with fun. Our guide was full of information and able to educate us as well. he knew the area so well that he took us into locations only a guide would know. My son who is 9 has not stopped talking about our trip and wants to do it again when we return to Vail. I highly recommend a jeep tour - there is no other way to experience so much of this beautiful part of our country!! The company was also great to deal with when booking, gave us snacks, drinks and just made it great!

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Whitewater Rafting - Aug. 2013 - Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We used Timberline Tours for a rafting trip on the Shoshone. The time on the river was awesome. The entire experience was very good. They picked us up at our hotel, provided all the necessary safety gear and accessories, the guides and drivers were very engaged and attentive to all of us. We will use them again.

Visited August 2013

1 Thank Jim B
Prairie Village, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Memorable, perfect day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband and I took our 4 kids - ages 4,6,8, and 10 on the Shoshone trip through Glenwood Canyon. I was nervous to take our four year old, but they picked me and my daughter up a mile down stream from the drop off point, which misses the class III rapids. It was perfect for our whole family - the scenery is spectacular - have always enjoyed it when driving, but able to fully appreciate it from the raft. And the rafting level was perfect for our kids' ages - I did not worry for their safety. Furthermore, the staff was so nice - everybody from our driver to the guide, Tyler. Would do it again in a heartbeat!!!!

Visited July 2013

1 Thank Jenny R
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic First Time Family Rafting Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

The highlight of our trip to Colorado this summer was our white water rafting experience with Timberline Tours. I don't know who had more fun, my husband and I or our 12 and 10 year old children! I was impressed by the Timberline Tours guides who were extremely experienced and combined a high level of safety with a whole lot of excitement. Our guide was Shawn, and his guidance and encouragement made it a team building experience for our family as we worked together to navigate through the Brown's Canyon section on the Arkansas River. We had a lovely lunch included and with the travel time involved it was a full day of activity. I cannot recommend this tour company highly enough.

Visited August 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Been to Timberline Tours? Share your experiences!