“Perfection!”

The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Our first visit to The Lodge at Vail and it surely won't be our last. The location is outstanding. Step out the door and you are right in the heart of Vail. Upon checking in, we felt like regulars and were treated so well by the super friendly staff. From the valet staff to the housekeepers, everyone made us feel welcome and at home. Our room was beyond our expectation, so much so that we hated to leave. The pool area is huge and private and gorgeous. And the spa is a MUST do!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dwidget13
There are newer reviews for The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Beautiful room, lovely mountain view, convenient location to the village all made this a wonderful experience. The hot tub with fire pit was a plus as was the super friendly and professional staff. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We did not eat in the hotel so I cannot rate the food.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed here with our inlaws and we were very disappointed... The rooms were very basic and the decor is outdated. Also, our room had a balcony facing the pool and it was very noisy at night and first thing in he morning. I was also very upset when I received a note under my door saying that the smell of marijuana was coming from my room and and a fee may be incurred if the room smells... Well, I'm pregnant and went to bed early and was not partaking in marihuana smoking so I was not happy to get that note. My inlaws received the same note and I was very embarrassed, as they were not involved either.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Overall impression was wowed! great location in Vail Village. Everything within walking distance, while not on the main drag. Quiet, professional and clean. It was our first time visiting Vail, and we were not disappointed. The hotel was charming and comfortable.

Room Tip: We found our room on Priceline. It was luck of the draw since we said 4 star and the reveal happened...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I have stayed at the Lodge at Vail a few times now and love the location,staff and charm. The convenience of walking right out the door into the Village is great and getting to other locations or Lionshead next door is very convenient. I attended a conference there this time and it was a great location. The condos are very spacious and family friendly. Looking forward to my next trip back soon.

Room Tip: Condos are great. Rooms on higher floors are warmer in the summer.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This was our second year in a row staying at the Lodge. Attended a medical conference there and just had a wonderful time again. The staff was great and the weather was amazing. My wife and I love the rustic feel of the hotel. It has a rich feel to it and a sense of history. Cozy would be the word I was looking for.

Ed Galisewski
Littleton CO

Room Tip: Our wing of the hotel had A/C, but we just left the windows open and enjoyed the mountain air at ni...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2013

They say this is a historic building, but I'd rather have comfort than history. The building is old, cramped, worn, and there was no A/C in our room. Ceilings are so low that if you were to stand up on your bed, your head would be touching it. Location is good if you were to stay in winter (we were here for summer), but if I were to come back to Vail, I would choose one of the newer hotels (there's so many to choose from). From the lobby to rooms, I would describe this hotel with one word — cramped.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with A/C if you go there in summer.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Vail hotels
Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort
#7 of 30 in Vail
Manor Vail Lodge
Manor Vail Lodge
#4 of 30 in Vail

Been to The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort

Address: 174 E Gore Creek Dr, Vail, CO 81657-4511
Region: United States > Colorado > Vail
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Ski-In / Ski-Out Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#5 Ski-In / Ski-Out Hotel in Vail
#6 Business Hotel in Vail
#7 Luxury Hotel in Vail
#8 Spa Hotel in Vail
#11 Family Hotel in Vail
#13 Romantic Hotel in Vail
Price Range: £160 - £923 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort 4*
Welcome to Vail's most iconic hotel. The Lodge at Vail is Vail's first hotel, and remains the cornerstone of Vail Village, located just steps from Gondola One. Revel in the proximity to the slopes, savor exceptional on-property dining at Cucina and Elway's. After a day on the slopes, relax in the lounge at Pool One, peruse the plethora of shopping options along Gore Creek Drive, and enjoy authentic Rocky Mountain hospitality, all at Vail's original hotel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Lodge At Vail, a Rock Hotel Vail