“Weekend Skip Trip”

The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We recently spent a long weekend at the Lodge at Vail. The rooms were comfortable , clean and well appointed. The staff was very helpful and attentive. The proximity to the main gondola and the ski valet were both a big plus. The Breakfast buffet and a la carte meals were good. The only complaint from my standpoint was not being able to stay a couple kore days!.

4  Thank DallasDoc
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review. All of our staff here at the Lodge take pride in providing top notch guest service in an unbeatable location! The Lodge was the first hotel built in Vail, so it used to just be us and the gondola! Next time you visit we will make sure to "resolve your one complaint," and book you a longer stay! We look forward to our next opportunity to host you.

Director of Room Operations

There are newer reviews for The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Overpriced for what you get. Normally a luxury hotel would have great customer service and good house keeping... Here's a few tricks of theirs to save money:

They Don't change bed sheets.
They Don't wash glasses, just use a towel and leave hair and fuzz in glass
Lights in room works one time, then doesn't then next 5 times.
Good luck trying to use a blowdryer in a room. It will not stay on. Something is wrong with their electrical. All their bathroom amenities don't work right including the heated floor and heated towel rack which completely is broken.
Concierge gave me wrong info.
They don't care about their workers scraping ice off tables in front of your room at 7am.
This hotel really was disappointing. I will be back to Vail but not at this motel. All the men workers were not friendly including the ones wearing suits which are probably managers.

I HAD TO CLEAN THE BATHROOM AFTER THE MAID! What's a maid for?

4  Thank Chris W
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at The Lodge at Vail. Please accept my sincerest apologies that your stay did not meet your expectations. We are extremely disappointed to hear of this situation and can confidently say that this experience is not at all the norm for our guests. I would love the opportunity to talk to you more about our sustainability efforts and the programs we have implemented to do our part to stay green. Our sheet and towel reuse programs along with our master switch system for in room lighting help us do our part for the environment. I am so sorry that you were not made aware of the option to have this done on a daily basis. I will check your room to ensure the sign is present in the bathroom so this does not happen in the future. To all of our guests, on behalf of the management team, we take comments like this very seriously and greatly appreciate your feedback. Please reach out to me if you would like to discuss your stay in more detail. I would love to have you back to our hotel.

Happy Holidays!

Shannon Best,
sbest@vailresorts.com

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We had an amazing stay! It was our first time in Vail and we enjoyed the resort immensely. The staff is what makes it a stand out. My daughter's snowboard did not make the flight and she was pretty bummed as it was brand new for the trip. When we got back from dinner, a plate full of cookies with a special note to my daughter was waiting from Bree. It was so sweet of her, and really cheered my daughter up. Just awesome. The bell men were fabulous too- taking care of our boards and giving us rides. No need to look anywhere else for when we return!

4  Thank Jenifer0711

Thank you for sharing this story about our top notch staff Each and every front desk agent, concierge and bellman truly take pride in helping our guests and especially when it allows them to go the extra mile and make it a memorable experience for our guests. I hope the snowboard made it the next day and that you were able to enjoy some of our great powder we got this weekend.

Happy Holidays

Reviewed 13 December 2013

i spent my birthday in Vail Colorado at the lodge at Vail for an entire week. The service is amazing. everyday I would get a Happy birthday card from the concierge everyday, I even got chocolate covered strawberry delivered to my room from the hotel. Everyday that I would go to a restaurant to eat they already knew it was my birthday, they even did a custom menu for me in one of the restaurant that said Happy birthday on the menu. This place is amazing!!!

Room Tip: The Suite pointing to the ski slope is fantastic
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank aizen007
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Wow! That is one of my favorite stories I have had the opportunity to read about my staff. I will be using your feedback to acknowledge the concierge and restaurant staff personally! I hope that you are able to make the birthday trip an annual tradition! We all look forward to helping you ring in the next year! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

The hotel facilities are well-maintained and beautifully appointed, but the most note worthy quality is their devotion to provide excellent service and cater to the every detail that guests may require. The front desk staff was spectacular, but specially the Concierge, Jill, whom always found a way to provide an answer to what my family required, and sort some issues without passing the burden onto us making our vacation feel like...actually a vacation. Highly recommend the place. Most certainly will go back.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Xavier I
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you for posting about your recent stay with us! I am so happy that Jill and the front office team were able to help to take a few items off of your list so you could truly relax! There is nothing better than coming back from a vacation and feeling fully rejuvinated! Please come back and see us the next time you need us to help push the "reset button," and we will be ready! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

yes, I have written wonderful reviews on this hotel before.....but after a recent visit during the Thanksgiving holiday, I just have to RAVE once again!! Alicia [front desk staff] is OUTSTANDING!!!!! Her high level of customer service and pleasant professional style is much appreciated. Absolutely every aspect of our stay was PERFECT!

Room Tip: upgrading to a 3rd floor - 2 bdrm condo is worth it [vaulted ceilings, huge kitchen, 2-story, wood...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank localDENVERskigal
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for your wonderful post about our Front Office Manager and her team! The holiday season is our favorite time of year at the Lodge. It gives us an extra opportunity to have fun with our guests and create once in a lifetime moments and memories through elevated service and personal connections with each and every guest that comes to our hotel. I am so glad we were able to make it a great Thanksgiving for you and your family! This year has been even better due to all the early snow we have in Vail! Come and see us again soon, we can't wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

During Thanksgiving week I took my two teenagers to this lovely lodge resort. We were warmly greeted by a front desk clerk, Will, who efficiently checked us in and told us about the lodge. The Lodge at Vail is wonderful - from the happy and helpful staff to the outdoor fire pit with hot chocolate/apple cider and beautiful outside pool area. In addition, the fire place in our 2 bedroom unit was super and the staff even taught us how to build a fire. The concierge helped us book several reservations, from snowmobiling to a sleigh ride at a nearby ranch and many dinner reservations. In addition, when I realized I forgot my tooth brush, Will the front desk clerk promptly brought it up to our room with a smile. I know we will visit the Lodge at Vail again because everything was perfect during our trip and I am very grateful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank massachusettsslouise
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you so much for this wonderful post! I am thrilled to see you enjoyed the hotel amenities and the staff was able to go the extra mile to make your stay flawless. All of us here at the Lodge are committed to elevating every guests experience while they are staying with us. I love hearing the "epic service" stories from guests after they had a great stay, so thank you for sharing! We look forward to your next stay at the Lodge... and it starting to snow a lot here, so come back soon!