“Vail”

Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Erie, Colorado
“Vail”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Very nice accomodations and staff was very friendly and responsive. Located directly in the Village. Entrance was a little confusing as it looks like your are pulling into the back of a hotel and is tucked in the back of a parking lot.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your review! It is always great to read reviews about our wonderful staff. We are currently ramping up for our summer season and getting ready for the Go Pro Games in a couple of weeks. Please reach out to me if you plan another trip to Vail in the future. I would be happy to assist with any of your requests. Thanks again for taking the time to review your recent stay.

sbest@vailresorts.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Telluride, Colorado
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We came to Vail for a wine training and The Lodge at Vail was recommended by a friend. We enjoyed the super comfortable beds and the awesome view. Because they weren't overly busy, we got an upgrade to a luxury room, which I highly recommend! The staff was very nice and welcoming despite the slow time of year. I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review! I am so pleased that the Lodge was a good fit for you while you were in town for your wine training. That sounds like a fun training to attend! Please let me know if you ever travel to the Vail area again, we would love to welcome you back to the Lodge.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Tne location is perfect! you have several exits so, you are in the middle of vail village and a few feet away from the gondola.
Gym and spa great. The 3 bedroom apartment is ok, the spaces are not too big, specially the bath rooms, they are particularly small, the rest is ok

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank BEUGGIE
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for your review Beuggie!

I am pleased to see that the Lodge was such a good fit for you and your family. I would love to work with you to ensure you get a unit that is the right size and fit for you and your family for your next stay. Please reach out to me directly if I can be of assistance to you when you plan your next family trip!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Our fifth annual visit to the Lodge and it just gets better! Staff could not be more helpful and do everything to make our visit unforgettable. We upgraded to a suite on arrival, which is definitely worth it, with fabulous space and a great view of the slopes. We will be back again next year. Of course it does help that the snow is excellent for the last week of the season!

Room Tip: Slope side view, with balcony.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris77w
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you Chris77!

I am glad that our caring staff was able to make this a special stay for you. It looks like we have even more snow coming in to finish up the last 3 days of this amazing season! I look forward to your trip next year. Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do to help make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay!

Kelso, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We were skiing and chose a 2 bedroom condo. It was huge with a vast lounge, tidy kitchen and big main bedroom with en suite. Both bedrooms being upstairs along with 2 bathrooms.

It wasn't bang up to date but it was spotless and in good repair. Everyone was very friendly and nothing was a problem. We had breakfast included so did not use the kitchen as a rule.

The breakfast was a buffet and when changed to menu only, after a customer revolt forced a re think and a reduced buffet the next again day. However, the menu offered better food and was cheaper for European appetites. the menu remained available , but when a buffet was available it was not inclusive. So much for revolts ! (Hope you can follow this) it's only a minor point.

The ski area was adjacent as was ski hire. Absolutely first rate for skiers. We could leave our ski gear at her bottom of the slope in the ski hire shop or in an adjacent valet service. Just so handy.

The hotel is going to be revamped over the summer period to meet ever higher standards demanded by its customers. I hope it remains affordable because it suited our needs perfectly.

Vail is served by a first rate free bus service, but food stores are well away from this hotel. Come prepared if you wish to use any kitchen facilities.

Room Tip: The rooms are very varied so know what you are looking for. Some appeared to overlook the Main Stree...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank DougieE992
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for your kind review! I remember speaking with you at check out. I hope you had a safe trip home. I believe you had a stop in NYC prior to your long flight and I hope that you enjoyed the big city! Please reach out to me directly if I can assist you in any way prior to your trip next winter. Thank you for choosing the Lodge at Vail as your top destination for all of your ski trips to come.

Vail
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The staff are friendly, and offer assistance whenever possible. Rooms are clean, mattresses are great and location is terrific. We have stayed at the Lodge numerous times and will continue to stay at this lodge. We have tried other places in Vail, but this one is the best!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Tina B
Good Day Tina B!

Repeat business is a huge compliment, so thank you for choosing the Lodge each time you come to Vail. Please reach out to me next time you plan a visit so that I can introduce myself in person. Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This year spring break was unforgettable. We spent it in the Lodge at Vail in 3 bedroom apt.
After a long drive we (wife and 2 kids) came to a very nice and cozy apartment. Because of the very conformable beds we slept the first night like a rock. The next night we noticed drier air (beauty of high alt) but we were able to use a humidifier in each room.
Each day skiing was amazing. No wasted time waiting for transportation between hotel and ski lift. Just a 4 minute walk!
We did use wet and dry beautiful saunas after skiing every day.
Each evening in Vail Village was very interesting (skating, shopping, food, galleries etc).
The rooms, bathrooms, kitchen and living room were extremely clean and well equipped with everything we need to have great time.
Services are very professional, helpful and very friendly.
This 5 day vacation was the best vacation we have had so far.

Thank you Lodge at Vail !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Krzysztof G
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you Krzysztof G! I truly enjoyed reading your review. I am thrilled that your stay was such a special one. You are absolutely right, you can't beat the fresh air and beautiful mountain landscapes here in Vail, it is a very special place! We are so proud that the Lodge has been a part of this iconic resort town since the beginning. Please let me know when you plan your next trip so I can ensure that you have another "vacation of a lifetime."