“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Boulder, Colorado
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed during 4th of July weekend. The Lodge was well organized, the pool was not overrun by children, and the room was awesome.Some reviews say the rooms are hot during the summer, it got a little warm one night so I opened the door and all was fine!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

2 Thank votero2011
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the holiday weekend here at the Lodge. It was a great parade and a fireworks show to remember. There is no better place to enjoy the Holiday action than right here at the Lodge. I hope we can celebrate with you again next year. Please let me know if I can be of assistance when you plan your next trip.

sbest@vailresorts.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Fairfax County, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Our family recently stayed in Vail at the Lodge in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo with a top notch kitchen, wonderful patio with beautiful views of the mountains and of the July 4th fireworks. The service was top notch. The valets, Gus and Chris, were friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed many activities such as white water rafting, mountain biking, horse back riding which were arranged through the group we came with. Some of the rooms facing the pool may have been noisy and I know there is renovations of the rooms also. The location in the village was great with access to shops and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lax L
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Good Day Lax L,

Thank you for your review. The Lodge at Vail is such a special place during the 4th of July weekend. I hope you were able to enjoy the parade from your room! I am glad that the staff was able to accommodate all of your parties needs. We look forward to our next opportunity to host you at the Lodge at Vail.

Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great location but rooms are terrible, noisy, and you get views of parking lots and other buildings. Not the vail experience we were liking for. Rooms were small, bathrooms small and old decor. Beds very uncomfortable. Could hear room next door all night.

Good Morning,

Thank you for your candid review. I am truly disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations. I have sent you an email and hope to talk with you about the details of your stay and a resolution for the issues you encountered. It would be my pleasure to personally assist you with any future reservations to ensure you have a flawless stay.

Vail, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had a great time at this resort , our room was very nice and fully equipped.
Hotel location is excellent, steps away from Bahn lift , shops and entertainment. There is no supermarket in the village , and the only pharmacy is in Vail Hospital , but the hotel provides transportation to nearby supermarkets

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Good Day Cecilia G,

Thank you for your review! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was able to assist you with our complimentary guest shuttle! We are looking forward to a comprehensive room and public space renovation this fall which will be completed prior to opening for the ski season this November. I hope you can come and stay with us again and let us know what you think of the remodel! I look forward to your next visit.

Omaha, Nebraska, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Wasn't given the room I had reserved upon check in. The front desk reluctantly gave me a King right off the lobby, which was very noisy to say the least. Housekeeping was sloppy, for example the empty Kleenex box wasn't replaced. The clock radio/cd player didn't work. If you didn't want a burger for lunch at the restaurant, it was slim pickings for something else. Good location.

Good Day mdelich1,

I am disappointment that your stay did not meet your expectations. That is not the level of service that one should expect from the Lodge at Vail. Our team is committed to making all of our guests feel welcome and provide the highest level of service. I see that we missed the mark while you were here. I would like to discuss your stay with you and a resolution for the issues you encountered. Please reach out to me or provide me with the best contact information and I can get in touch with you at your convenience so that we can come up with a solution for you. We constantly strive to improve the quality of both our product and service, and your feedback allows me to do this. Thank you for taking the time to review your experience.

970.754.7825
Warren, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Our recent stay at the Lodge at Vail was extremely enjoyable. We have stayed at the Lodge many times in the winter season. But, this was our first stay in the summer. We reserved a 2 bedroom condo. A few days prior we were offered an upgrade to a 3 bedroom for a nominal fee. This was a great opportunity. We appreciated the more spacious accomodations. Although, the unit did not have central air, the staff ( Gus ) happily provided ample fans for each room. The staff was extremely attentive and friendly. Especially ( Gus ) and the concierge ( Jill ). Jill set up several adventure activites with recommended companies ( mountain biking, white water rafting, and rock climbing ) that made the trip memorable. We used "Wheels " in Lionshead for renting mountain bikes, "Timberline Tours" for rafting down Brown Canyon, and "Apex Mountain School" for rock climbing. Jill also took care of our dinner reservations. Her reccommendation of the restaurant "Mountain Standard" was spot on ( delicious food ). Our week was one of our most memorable trips to Vail!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 5491Lisa

Repeat business is a huge compliment and I truly appreciate your loyalty to the Lodge at Vail. It sounds like you had a wonderful, activity packed vacation. I have shared your comments with Gus and with Jill, thank you for taking the time to mention them so I have the ability to thank them for their exceptional service! Please let me know next time you plan a trip and I would love to meet you and your family and help make all of your future stays with us exceptional.

Vail
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The room was nice, but very warm in the summer. Little airflow in the room made it uncomfortable to sleep. The pool and hot tub area were nice and I have a feeling I would have liked it in the winter better.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that the temperature in the room had a negative impact on the quality of your stay. I am pleased to share with you that we will be adding air conditioning to all of our hotel style rooms during our scheduled renovation this fall. I hope to see you this winter and by next summer you will be able to fully enjoy the rooms with the upgraded amenities, new furnishings, and cool air. I look forward to your next trip to Vail.