“What's not to like?”

The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The staff are amazing, the location is perfect, and the spa service is to die for. You don't need a rental car because everything is within walking distance. The staff were friendly and attentive. The spa services were extreamely relaxing. We will definately be back.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank freqtravele
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you freqtravele! Based on your Trip Advisor name, I assume you travel a lot which makes your review that much more meaningful! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this site. I truly enjoy meeting our repeat customers and want to make sure your experience exceeds your expectations each time you stay with us. Please reach out to me directly when you are ready to make your next reservation. My entire staff looks forward to giving you a warm welcome back to the Lodge at Vail.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We chose this resort from the internet after looking at many hotel reviews. I have to say it was an unbelievable value and you could not top the location right at the base of the mountain next to the gondola. If you want to stay at The Lodge there is no reason for a rental car as you have access to everything right out your door. We travel frequently and this was one of the best experiences we have had. Every person we came in contact with was wonderful and this is the first hotel in a long time that both the front desk and valet staff remembered our names for the 5 days we stayed and actually asked us if there was anything we needed and how was our stay going. I would highly recommend staying here. Room 390, the room we stayed in, has access to a private pool/hot tub at the Vail Club. We later found out only 4 rooms in the hotel have access to this club and it was for under $300 per night. Note that a portion of the hotel will be going under renovation stating in August 2014 so ask for rooms in the International Wing which were redone a few years ago. Enjoy!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian C
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Brian C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with the Trip Advisor community! I am delighted that our gracious and accommodating staff was able to make this trip extra special. Thank you for the wonderful comment and for your business. I look forward to my next opportunity to host you at our beautiful resort.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great hotel. Excellent location. It was right in the heart of Vail near restaurants, parks, ski lifts, and shopping. The staff was great. I inquired about finding a place to buy bottled water and they gave me complimentary bottled water. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean, and comfortable. The fitness center is fantastic; they even offer free yoga classes. For once, I actually got value for money after paying a resort fee. Definitely plan on staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sacheen N

Good Day Sacheen N,

Thank you for your review. I am elated that you had such a great stay. Our yoga and fitness classes are a wonderful perk. I hope you were able to enjoy the steam and sauna in our beautiful RockResort Spa after your work out! We want to make sure you don't work too hard while you are on vacation! Please let me know when you book your next stay. I would love to personally welcome you back to the Lodge at Vail.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here last July and loved it so much decided to return. There was a bit of a miscommunication when booking the room and we had to stay in a room with one king bed and have a rollaway brought in for the kids. The staff went over and beyond to ensure that we received the bed, even calling our room a couple of times. The staff is so genuinely pleasant and helpful it's such a delight to stay here. The newly renovated pool was outstanding and our teenage children loved swimming in it while my husband and I enjoyed laying by the pool with the pool bar nearby. The convenience of staying in a location that is within walking distance to all the fun and dining Vail has to offer makes this an added bonus.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michellehaider
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful stay. I have to agree with you, our staff is what makes our beautiful resort so special. Please let me know if I can personally assist you with your next reservation to ensure that you and your family get a room that works best for your needs. Thank you for your loyalty to the Lodge at Vail. I look forward to my next opportunity to host you and your at the Lodge at Vail.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were there for one night after a big bike ride. We wanted to rest up, and we were given a poolside room. The room was dark and hot since we stayed in the summer. When we opened the windows to get some air, the kids' screams and laughter from the pool sounded like they were in the room. On the other hand, the room was beautiful, but very small. For the price, we expected better. The service was wonderful and couldn't have been better. We sat outside the room by the pool in the morning and had breakfast from Starbucks. That was extremely pleasant. I don't think we will stay there again unless we get a room higher up away from the pool.

Room Tip: As for a room on the higher floors away from the pool if you want to get a good night sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you impressed with the level of service during your stay. I am disappointing that you were not able to fully relax during your stay due to the noise coming from the pool area. I would like to talk with you about a resolution for these issues at your earliest convenience. Please reach out to me so that we can discuss the details of your stay and help to fix the negative aspects of your experience. Thank you for your candid feedback and I look forward to connecting with you.

970.754.7825

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were in Vail for a wedding, and it was beautiful in June. The flowers, facility, etc. A couple of things surprised me: a bit of chipped paint, a dead orchid in the room, things I didn't expect at a Rock Resort, but they were minor.

the on-site Elway's Restaurant was an over-priced disappointment, but the breakfast and buffet we ate were good.

Room Tip: We like being in the luxury room with a rock-enclosed patio although it was close to the fire-pit...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim F

Good Day Jim F,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed visiting our beautiful mountain town in the summertime. It is our hidden gem! I appreciate your comment about the orchids in your room. You are absolutely correct, that is not acceptable at a Rock Resort. I wanted to let you know we have changed our process for removing orchids from the rooms. We have live flowers in the rooms in the winter season and do not refresh them in the summer months because we have balcony flowers during that season. This year we left the orchids in the rooms until they started to look tired and then removed them. Clearly this process was not full proof, so next year we will have a set date to remove them all at one time so that no guest has the same experience you had with the room amenities not being perfect. We constantly strive to improve both our product and service, and your comments help me to do so. I look forward to your next visit. Please let me know when you plan your next getaway so I can ensure your stay is flawless.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed during 4th of July weekend. The Lodge was well organized, the pool was not overrun by children, and the room was awesome.Some reviews say the rooms are hot during the summer, it got a little warm one night so I opened the door and all was fine!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank votero2011
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the holiday weekend here at the Lodge. It was a great parade and a fireworks show to remember. There is no better place to enjoy the Holiday action than right here at the Lodge. I hope we can celebrate with you again next year. Please let me know if I can be of assistance when you plan your next trip.