“Wonderful Resort”

Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Wonderful Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Perfect location, with walking to all of Vail Village, as well as restaurants, ski lift, etc.... Wonderful accommodations and services. Highly recommend this hotel. Great value for summer stay. Classy

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Jennifer S
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for choosing the Lodge at Vail for your summer getaway! Summer time is a hidden gem here in the Vail Valley and I love when someone can experience that beauty for the first time! I am still awe struck when I look out to the mountain from our rooms and remember how special it is to be a part of this iconic mountain resort. I am happy you enjoyed it too! We have an exciting room renovation coming up this August that will ensure you have an even better experience on your next visit. I hope that you have an opportunity to come and stay with us this winter to truly reap the benefits of being so close to the lifts! Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

sbest@vailresorts.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This fabulous building sits in the heart of Vail. The staff went out of their way to help. Unlike other hotel workers that avoid you, these guys made an extra effort to approch you and offer any help necessary. Just amazing!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Eaglebike
Thank you for your wonderful review! At the Lodge at Vail we aim to exceed our guests expectations at every turn. In order to do this consistently, I believe our staff has to have a genuine passion for creating a top notch guest experience. This is our # one priority when anyone joins the Lodge at Vail team. Talking to guests and making your stay special is what we do for fun! I am thrilled that you enjoyed the staff as much as we enjoy our guests. Cheers to another decade of exceeding your expectations!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The moment we checked in with Edgar at the front desk, we knew we were going to have a great stay. The staff was very friendly and accomodating to our needs and did everything they could to find us a room that would best fit our needs for the weekend. The hotel was clean and offered great views of the mountains and the gondolas. We would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bb172014
Thank you for sharing feedback about your recent stay! Edgar and the rest of the Lodge at Vail staff will look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit! I hope you are able to squeeze another trip to Vail in soon. I will be sure to share this feedback with the team! Please let me know when you book your next trip and if I am able to personally assist with any of your needs. We will ensure that every stay at the Lodge at Vail delivers the same high level of customer service that we are known for. Thank you for your review.

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

If this is a Rock Resort the Rocks standards have declined to low that causes me to write about the terribly disappointing experience we had in Vail last week. When making my reservations I inquired about the upcoming renovations. I was assured on two different calls that there were no renovations occurring prior to August. The reality is that the renovation that Rock Resorts was planning won't begin until August but individuals that own rental units renovate anytime they want to. After check in we proceeded to our room. After receiving our luggage we went to dinner only to return to the stench of carpet glue and a crew installing carpet in the unit next to our unit. The terrace next door was a full blown construction site. We requested a move and the hotel promptly moved us to a new unit. It was there that we discovered that the standards expected of each individual unit owner is at best very broad. Our skylights had no shades. Imagine a high end hotel with rooms that can't be darkened. We slept in rooms that at the darkest were twilight and at sunrise were full blown sunlight. Oddly enough that wasn't the case in the first unit. Bedside lamps that didn't work. A jacuzzi bath tub that was converted to include a shower in the master bath lit by a spotlight. The house cleaners place a towel on the tubs edge to catch shower drainage because the curtain doesn't fit the tub. The rooms aren't air conditioned and the upstairs bedrooms are warm in the early evening. Your windows must be opened and as explained by the manager many of the units face the entrance and the valet. You hear all of the valet traffic until 11 and then again at 6 in the morning. When asked about alternatives I was told that it was just a part of the property and that I could close the windows and that they would provide more fans. Friday I took a hike and immediately after went to the pool. Upon arrival I found a two story unit overlooking the pool being totally renovated. The entire two stories covered in plastic and serenaded with sledge hammers and nail guns. I would have gone to a different resort had the Rock been honest about construction at this resort. It became perfectly clear to me that RockResort executives don't stay at The Lodge. I can't imagine they would tolerate the experience our family had on our "vacation" at The Lodge at Vail.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Good Day Joe C,

Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay. I am truly sorry that your condo unit did not meet your expectations and that you were negatively impacted by the other condos that are currently being updated. I appreciate you taking the time to talk with me over the phone while you were in house, but I understand that is not the way you wanted to spend your vacation. Please know that myself, our Property Manager and our General Manager have been working diligently to minimize the impact of the owner's renovation projects and your feedback gives us valuable data to use in these conversations. I hope that at the end of this process our Lodge at Vail customers will enjoy the updated units and will continue to find ways to minimize the impact to our guests while the projects are being completed. Please let me know if you would like to discuss your stay in more detail. Thank you again for your feedback,

Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

It was my best vacation ever. Everything was exceptional. There is nothing to complain about. The room, staff, food, grounds, views, and care of the environment were exceptional. The service was impeccable. It was like they were so nice and helpful are they real? This lodge was an ambassador for the state of Colorado. Simply put, I never visited Colorado until this trip and my experience, mainly due to all aspects the lodge guarantees this venue is the front runner for all future vacations. I need to add a comment about Rachel at the front desk. Although every one on staff was an 11 out of 10, Rachel was a 20. Her personality, smile, can help attitude, knowledge of the area and genuine compassion was second to none. What an asset.

Room Tip: Room 371 is the best.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joe k
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Every member of our staff is on this e team because they really do love creating special experiences for our guests. Each one of our wonderful employee's has turned elevating our guests experiences into an art form and I believe our associates are our biggest asset. The location and history only add to the experience! I am so glad that the staff's personalized attention contributed to making your stay so special. Rachel was working when I read this review, thank you for sharing so that I had the opportunity to personally thank her. I hope it is not too long before your next visit and will ensure all of your stays with us are the "best vacation ever!"

Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

The staff are amazing, the location is perfect, and the spa service is to die for. You don't need a rental car because everything is within walking distance. The staff were friendly and attentive. The spa services were extreamely relaxing. We will definately be back.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank freqtravele
Thank you freqtravele! Based on your Trip Advisor name, I assume you travel a lot which makes your review that much more meaningful! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on this site. I truly enjoy meeting our repeat customers and want to make sure your experience exceeds your expectations each time you stay with us. Please reach out to me directly when you are ready to make your next reservation. My entire staff looks forward to giving you a warm welcome back to the Lodge at Vail.

East Northport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We chose this resort from the internet after looking at many hotel reviews. I have to say it was an unbelievable value and you could not top the location right at the base of the mountain next to the gondola. If you want to stay at The Lodge there is no reason for a rental car as you have access to everything right out your door. We travel frequently and this was one of the best experiences we have had. Every person we came in contact with was wonderful and this is the first hotel in a long time that both the front desk and valet staff remembered our names for the 5 days we stayed and actually asked us if there was anything we needed and how was our stay going. I would highly recommend staying here. Room 390, the room we stayed in, has access to a private pool/hot tub at the Vail Club. We later found out only 4 rooms in the hotel have access to this club and it was for under $300 per night. Note that a portion of the hotel will be going under renovation stating in August 2014 so ask for rooms in the International Wing which were redone a few years ago. Enjoy!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Brian C
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Brian C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with the Trip Advisor community! I am delighted that our gracious and accommodating staff was able to make this trip extra special. Thank you for the wonderful comment and for your business. I look forward to my next opportunity to host you at our beautiful resort.