“Great Location”

Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Austin, Texas
“Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We spent four nights in a 3br/3ba Condo unit at the Lodge and loved the ambience and location. We made the reservation well in advance and requested NO bunk beds or twin beds since it was for 3 adults! The Lodge actually honored this request. The unit was delightful with one BR/BA on first level and two BR/BA on second level. Shops and restaurants right out the door. Perfect for our annual "sister trip".

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Good Day Diana M,

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful that you and your sister make a point to spend time together each year for an annual trip! We are delighted that the Lodge at Vail was the perfect getaway for you this year. Hopefully we will see you for many more "annual sister trips" in the future!

sbest@vailresorts.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Vail
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a great place. Staff is friendly and responsive. Good room service menu and lots of food choices for children. The rooms were beautifully decorated and spacious (our family had a 2 bedroom condo) and fully equipped. And the location is fantastic.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Good Day Jeanette M T,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay! I am thrilled that our location and staff contributed to you having a terrific stay! Let me know how old your kids are next time you come back and I have a few more fun kids surprises that we can have in your room! I look forward to your next trip.

Golden, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We visit Vail every summer to bike, hike, and enjoy the wild flowers and the village flowers so have stayed in a variety to places over the last 30 years. The Lodge at Vail has been one of our favorites since we discovered it several years ago. The location is great - close to the village center but not close enough to hear the nightlife or the interstate. The rooms are comfortable, the pool great, and the service terrific. We have always stayed in "condo" suites before and this time had to settle for a deluxe room as availability was limited. The smaller room is working out just fine although we do miss the kitchen area for breakfast. There is enough room for 2 bikes without having to move them around to get to things. Good value for summer stays. And it is dog friendly.

Room Tip: Our favorite rooms are overlooking the pool on the 4th floor with a view of the Gore Range.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Thundering-pause,

Thank you for the recommendation to stay with us! I am glad to hear that our staff and service were great and that you enjoyed your time at the pool! Pets are considered family here, and we love when we have one that we can spoil!

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

HOUSTON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel located in Vail Village was perfect for a summer days' getaway. The staff, services, restaurant were all outstanding. Summer time is the choice of travel to this destination due to the lack of skiing bunnies!! The steakhouse Elway was excellent both in service and quality. Noise level was high because of its being a partial sports bar!! The Cucina restaurant staff was accommodating and gracious, even though we were their first customers as soon as they opened at 7am. The hotel is fashioned like a Swiss Chalet and the room and veranda proved to be peaceful and clean. Overall, a most enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: All rooms appeared to be excellent with views of the mountains. I would not recommend the suites ne...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Travelbuff49, Thank you for your kind words. A true testament to our phenomenal staff and our culinary team. We hope to welcome you back to the Lodge at Vail in the near future! Thank you.

Clive Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

First of all, upon checking into the 2 bedroom condo #340, we noticed that it was extremely warm and had no air conditioning.
I called to complain and we were shown another option on the 5th floor which was very small and had a crushed fire pit on the deck.
We stayed where we were hoping that the fans would help. Since the windows had to remain open (which didn't open very far), it was very noisy.
It started off around 5:00 in the morning with very noisy trucks going by and ending with people outside out window keeping us up late at night.
We also complained several times about the person staying below us smoking and having the smoke come in through our windows.(This is a non-smoking facility)
We have kids with asthma so this was a problem. After several phone calls, this was never fixed.
I called ahead before arriving and was told there were laundry facilities for personal us (since we have a family of 5) and this was confirmed upon check in. They told me to walk past the pool and then down some stairs to get to the coined laundry area. No one seemed to know where this was until one of guys at the pool checked and took me down to the underground garage and then to a locked door that said laundry. Even if it wasn't locked, I wouldn't feel comfortable going down there to do laundry.
I also called ahead to confirm that the renovations weren't going to start until after we left in August. I also confirmed this with the front desk upon checking in.
Every time we were trying to relax by the pool area it was impossible due to the noise from the construction that was going on.
There was no ice available. Not on the floor or within our own unit as the water/ice was broken on the refrigerator.
We have traveled to different Colorado destinations in the summer and have never had these issues. Every condo unit had air conditioning, there were always
laundry facilities available either within the unit or at least on each floor. There are always ice machines on every floor and we have always had functioning appliances.
My daughter and I took advantage of one of the specials within the spa and it was very relaxing. The spa was pretty much empty and in my opinion, it is because the
services are very overpriced.
We will definitely come back to Vail again but will be staying at a resort that offers all of the amenities that I feel your resort are lacking.
I will say that all of the staff was very friendly and accommodating for the most part.

Room Tip: Rooms with air conditioning!!
Vail
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

lies from the desk clerk, broken lock "impossible" to fix, quibbling over amount of courtesy discount for bad experience. Bellmen very helpful, but rest of service staff full of smiles and attempts to help, but basically incompetent. Big attitude, but mostly they believe they are great because of their customers' wealth,.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Vail, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I'm writing this review as I lay awake unable to sleep in my hot cramped room with an uncomfortable bed.
Called to request an early check in so my kids could nap. Would have accepted no for an answer, but was told "no guarantees but we'll put a note on your reservation". When I arrived at 11:00 I was told the room would be ready by 4:00. I asked for a more accurate estimate & the front desk staff was quite short with me stating check in was at 4:00, but they would let housekeeping know & call me if the room was available before then.
Downstairs toilet didn't flush. Maintenance came and fixed it. It flushed once for him, then broken again. (Not worth it given he woke up my kids).
Payed the generous pet fee to bring our dog. Asked about pet bed at check in. Was told it would be in the room. It wasn't. Delivered after I called. Waking up my kids (again).
Bedrooms on the second floor in a loft fashion without direct windows. No air conditioning. Surprise! Too hot to sleep. Called to inquire about the AC. Was told not all units have air conditioning, but we could have more fans.....
Carpet is filthy.
On the couch now which is much more comfortable than the bed,,,,
At 400.00/night....Not even worth half what we payed.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have air conditioning. Some are two story.
3 Thank Amy T
LAV81657, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Good Day Amy T,

I am very disappointed as I read your review and can see that we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay. This is not the norm for the Lodge at Vail. I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay with you in detail and come up with a resolution for the issues you encountered. My contact information in below or I would be happy to reach out to you if you can provide me with the best method of contact. Thank you for sharing your experience so I have an opportunity to address these issues. I look forward to hearing from you.

970.754.7825