The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort
Sitzmark Lodge at Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
US$149
Hotels.com
Vail Marriott Mountain Resort(Vail)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$183
  • Restaurant
Christiania at Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
US$147
  • Breakfast included
US$375
US$326
  • Pool
Hotel Talisa, Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$186
  • Restaurant
The Sebastian - Vail(Vail)(Great Value!)
US$327
US$262
US$10,979
US$1,097
Hotels.com
Vail Mountain Lodge(Vail)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$176
  • Breakfast included
US$243
US$237
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsmurphy beddeluxe roomfire pitresort feefront desk staffturn down servicean upgradeski valethot chocolatevalet serviceski slopesfantastic locationcookiesshops and restaurantspool and hot tubfull kitchenfour seasons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2008

We have stayed her a number of times, both in the summer and winter and love it. It is one of those hotels that you feel a little reluncant to review and talk so favorably about because you don't want too many people to find out about it and have it always be booked.
The service has always been very very good. From clean nice rooms to friendly check in, we have always loved it.

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank TripFan045
Reviewed 13 October 2008

I surprised my husband with a trip to Vail. I actually planned my entire trip based off of traveler reviews on this website.

I called ahead right after booking the trip through Orbitz (also the easiest thing ever) to let them know it was for my husband's 25th birthday and our 1 yr anni was in November. Upon check-in, the front desk person showed us around the hotel and helped us with our bags. I only paid for a deluxe room, but they upgraded us for free to a luxury (on the new international wing). The room was amazing! The bathroom was HUGE, and the bed was very comfy! We had our own private balcony overlooking the ski slopes on Vail Mtn. Couldn't of asked for more. About 20 minutes after check-in, there was a knock on the door and the bell hop handed me a card. It was wishing my husband a happy birthday and saying a congrats to our anni (and to enjoy our upgraded room). Such a nice touch!

They do charge for valet parking at the hotel, but were very nice in directing us to the free parking garage (about a 5 min walk through the village). They gave us a map and outlined the roads to take to get there.

We didn't eat at the hotel, although they did have specials on lunch and dinner. We went to eat breakfast, but after realizing there weren't specials on breakfast and pancakes were going to cost $17, the nice waiter directed us to some of his fav breakfast places around town. They were MORE than accomodating.

We had the Vail Daily newspaper delivered to our room (for free, you tell them on check-in which papers you want). Every morning we would look through the newspapers bc most of the restaurants run specials of at least 50% off and they are located in the paper. We would decide where we were eating for the day...it was so easy (and cheap!).

While we were there, we ate at Pazzo's Pizzeria (once for breakfast, twice for pizza...it was that good), Sweet Basil, etc. Sweet Basil had a deal going...3 courses for $39/pp. Anything off the menu. Probably the best dinner I've ever had and the best service!

Upon check-out, we were informed of a major highway closure due to a wreck (luckily we were going the opposite direction). I overheard all of the front desk staff telling everyone that came in so no one would be late for their flight. The held out baggage after check-out so we could go get lunch and shop a bit before leaving.

All-in-all, I couldn't have been happier. My husband is really hard to please, and he called this trip "fantastic". Since it was the off season, it was very quiet and some stores were closed....but we LIKED that! It meant no need for reservations, deals everywhere, free parking, no crowds. It was the perfect getaway. Oh, and one more bonus....we woke up to snow on our last day there!

Anyone who wants an amazing time in Vail while sitting in the lap of luxury needs to stay here!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank allisonrcraig
Reviewed 4 September 2008

The hotel just opened their new spa on July 1 and the facility and the services were outstanding. The location of this hotel cannot be beat. The farmer's market is a 1 minute walk and there was a nice wine and food festival right outside the door. Shopping, hiking, and skiing are also a few steps right outside the door.

However, the hotel is old and poorly laid out. I would guess that a couple hotels or inns were purchased to make up the current building. Small hallways, tiny rooms, some very outdated. If the hotel would spend time training staff (lost our car keys) and upgrading the hotel, I think that this place could be OK because the location can't be beat.

Hotel is expensive and there's most likely much better options for this price range.

1  Thank Otto-Mags
Reviewed 3 September 2008

Note: DO NOT BOOK THIS/OTHER ROOM IN VAIL THROUGH VAILBEAVERCREEKLODGING.COM -- unless you want to be hit with extra charges they'll tell you are covered but are not (see below).

I'm just back from 4 nights at the Lodge over Labor Day. The first was in the "old wing" overlooking Gore Street, which was terrible in the summer - as others have noted, there is no AC and it was very noisy (although the studio room was nice - comfortable Murphy bed, so rest of room was living area + kitcheonette, maybe 450 - 500 feet so larger than normal, which is why I picked it). There was also a very nice but noisy wine tasting street fair going on below our room, which made the situation worse. In the winter, this would not have been a problem, or the truck noise beginning at 5 a.m. would have been less so, I would hope.

When I complained, the front desk was great and very nicely upgraded us to #491 in new wing, and this is an incredible suite! Brand new, on end facing mountain, with wrap around windows, two small balconies, huge living room that was beautifully appointed, dining table, wet bar, gorgeous bedroom and bath, with one of those amazing toilets that flushes itself and does things I didn't know a toilet did... and air conditioned! My wife and I just enjoyed hanging out in the room and reading, or watching one of the 2 plasma tv's.

The other rooms we saw in this newer wing seemed small but nice. If you go in the summer, you'll definitely want AC. I realize that this is not a problem most of the year, and by yesterday, the temperature was 40 in the morning, but it had been 85 during the day a few days before.

The staff was wonderful. The location is great. I'd like to stay here during ski season, but depending on the room, there are other newer properties I'd consider. Until the new spa opens, the existing facilities were only average, and you'll also be charged a $20 resort fee in addition to the parking others have complained about, so at least know that if price is an issue, as I'm sure it is for a lot of people, even those staying at a high end place like this.

We stayed the night before at the Ritz Carlton -- great hotel!

We didn't eat in the Lodge but can recommend La Tour and Up the Creek if you want an expensive dinner. Also, the Marketplace around the corner was great.

3  Thank wbere
Reviewed 3 September 2008

First, the location could not be better. A great entry and lobby with very nice staff. Concierges were excellent. The room was average, but the real problem was a general feeling that the hallways were not clean. The pool area was not well maintained, and there was a lot of debris in the pool and three spas. Towels were in short supply. The morning coffee next to the restaurant was cold all four mornings we were there. The exercise room was way below par. We've been to other Rock Resorts, and this one does not measure up. It's going on its reputation as "The Lodge".

1  Thank JaimeMexico