“Best ever”

The Ritz Residences
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Visited here in May of 2013 and I've never had a better hotel experience.
The rooms are as plush as I've seen, and the service was (almost) scary personal. Everyone knows your name and makes it point to do anything for you they can.
I can only imagine to ski experience at this place. Great local restaurants and just beautiful scenery round out the great experience. You could not possibly be disappointed.

Room Tip: we may have had the worst room in the place and it was awesome. You can't go wrong here
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The place is OUTSTANDING. Only one tiny drawback, it is not ski-in, ski-out, so you have to take a two minute shuttle to the gondola. That shuttle runs every five minutes. And, there is not a full restaurant, but a large and gorgeous bar/lounge where they serve great appetizers (pizzas, salads, hummus, quesadillas, hot dogs, etc.) and play live music. We are happy to return again and again. Stellar service, too. Stellar! Ski valets are wonderful as well. Kids have a game room and they love the pool and jacuzzis. There is a great workout room, too, in case you need more exercise after skiing. They have suburbans that will drive you around town, but the bus stops right next door- and that will take you everywhere as well. Absolutely love it :)

Room Tip: They are all good. You might ask for one that overlooks the pool if you want to be on the mountain s...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I went for a week and loved every minute of it. The scenery is truly spectacular. The weather was great. The room was comfortable and we had a balcony with a view. The staff were pleasant and attentive. (Usual for the Ritz hotels.) The ski lifts and bunny slopes were behind the hotel few steps away-very convenient. We enjoyed breakfast and lunch at the hotel restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Giovi R
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

In the early part of May a trip to the ski region may seem a little silly. It is not when you have great support from the Ritz team. The conceirge called before we arrived to ask what she could to make our stay comfortable. The bell/ valet staff were very helpful in knowing what was available in there area and made some wonderful recommendations about the local brew. The room for 3 couples was well suited to cooking and entertainment. Property is in a great location for walking, shopping and hiking. The Ritz team transported us (more than once) to shop. The pool and spa were very much appreciated after our hiking. It is worth a mention about the efficient and friendly housekeeping service who made sure we had everything we needed. I would say that the stay at this Ritz earned -one of my service of excellence pins from TripAdvisor. They were very pleased.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My family and I had a chance to visit the RItz the last week before the ski season ended in April, 2014. From the moment we arrived until the time we left the service was stellar and the property was wonderful. The overall room, kitchen, beds, bathrooms and even down to the bath products were great. Eric, the gentleman who walked us through the property when we arrived and seemed to work 24/7 (he picked us up in the Ritz SUV several times, helped with skis, etc.) was wonderful and catered to our 13-year old son Jack. Gordon at the bar was great sharing military stories with Jack who tried to piece together Call of Duty with what real life was like in the military. The hot tub was very hot, the pool was refreshing and there were towels available every time we went. It's the last week of skiing so expect things at the hotel to be quiet but the staff takes excellent care of you. They did things you don't see at other hotels like packing our ski bag for us, taking all of our ski gear and putting it in our rental car on one of the days so all we had to do was walk out, get in the car and head to Breckenridge. They have a teen room with Xbox and Wii, computers, air hockey and Foosball. This was a special treat for our family and we can't say enough great things about the staff, room and property. The Ritz Carlton does not disappoint!

Room Tip: Ask to view the mountain.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JPintheD
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We enjoyed our 2nd visit to RCV. We spent 5 nights in a 3 bedroom suite. The service from the staff is phenomenal. Everyone from the check in, ski shuttle, valet to Vail village and the one and only LINDSEY, our concierge, the service here is A-1.
We were in suite 529 with a great view of the pool area and Vail mountain. We are already talking about our next visit, this time we are thinking of enjoying Vail in the warm summer.
Believe me, you will enjoy the RCV !!!

Room Tip: The best chocolate chip cookies I ever had. look for them after skiing !!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank skinnyskier
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Being the Ritz, the accommodations are absolutely amazing. I went for four days on an annual work ski trip. The past years we were at the Four Season Vail that I have as my benchmark for ratings on hotels in Vail. The problem with the property is the overall property management and service. At check in, there was a mistake on the number of days we were staying. My snowboard boots were lost at the valet twice along with my regular shoes once. Three hours, three phone calls, and two wrong boards, I had to go down to find my snowboard at their valet to pack in my bag. I would have all around preferred not to use the ski valet as it was much more of a headache that it was worth. Not only was the service lacking at the ski valet, but the maid service showed up twice in four days. Considering the ridiculous amount paid by our group to all stay at the Ritz, one would assume that the service would have been top notch. Comparing this experience with that of the Four Season Vail, the choice for my next corporate trip is a no-brainer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business