“Amazing Location and Amazing Service”

The Ritz Residences
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Beautiful 4 bed four bath residence with amazing rooms and amazing service. Close to mountain can walk or shuttle. Loved Vail Village so beautiful. Best Vacation for families. We hired a chef to cook our meals it was amazing. Nice pool and nice property. close to restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob044
There are newer reviews for The Ritz Residences

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton Club at the end of July but I'm just finally getting around to writing a review now. The one word I can use to describe that place is amazing! We stayed in a 4 bedroom villa and it far surpassed everyone's expectations in terms of size, luxury, comfort, etc. The amenities were very impressive with the one downside being that the pool was a bit on the small side. It's Vail though and the vast majority of people visit in the winter so I understand that a huge pool isn't their first priority. Other than that, I really can't complain about anything. Be sure to take advantage of the complimentary bikes that the resort provides, it makes it easy to get to and from Vail Village and Lionshead Village.

The service was outstanding and all of the staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. My brother-in-law got his cell phone wet and it wasn't working properly and a staff member brought up a bag of rice within an hour. The concierge staff are willing to help you with anything from tee times, to recommending places to eat, to booking your excursions so take advantage of them!

In terms of activities there is plenty to do in and around Vail. It was a rough week for my allergies but otherwise I loved spending most of the day outside. We drove up to Piney Lake one day and hiked the 6 miles to and from the waterfall. The hike to the waterfall was much more difficult because of the elevation changes so just keep that in mind. The drive to Piney Lake is certainly interesting (potholes everywhere) so just know ahead of time that your car is going to take a beating and be really dirty when you are done. I golfed two days, once at the Beaver Creek Golf Course (which has to be booked through the concierge) and Eagle Vail Golf Course. You can find cheap rates on golf.now for this course so going that route saves you a good bit of money. Additionally, if you play late afternoon (after 3 pm), there is a significant drop in the rates so take advantage of that if your schedules permits. Both courses where in great condition but I actually liked Eagle Vail Golf Course better. It uses nature terrain a bit more and it was $50 cheaper too! We also went to a Rockies game (my hometown Pirates were in town) mountain biked down the mountain which was an absolute blast, I would highly recommend that if you are an adrenaline junkie and we also rented duckie kayaks for class 2 rapids on the Colorado River.

If you are flying into Denver and are renting a car to drive to Vail it's about an hour and 45 minute drive. The roads are extremely winding and hilly so just be very careful, especially if you are driving at night. Overall we had a great vacation and I look forward to visiting Vail in the future, this time in the winter and hope to stay at the Ritz Carlton Club once again! If you have any questions, please feel free to send me an email, I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ggalket
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I will start with Stephanie Hollis, the concierge, she connected with me ahead of time for our vacation to offer her assistance. She helped with deciding on activities and helped me make a special day for my daughter’s 10th birthday. She and her other staff helped put together a wonderful decorated room for my daughter. She created signage and baked cookies and cupcakes and sparkles and glitter and it was just wonderful. She changed her schedule so she could be the one in charge of setting it up on the actual day of my daughter’s birthday. This staff went above and beyond to help my daughter and everyone told her happy birthday. She also picked out flowers from a friend who wanted them delivered to my daughter. Once she picked out the bouquet she sent my friend a text with the pictures of everything. My friend told me all about the extra effort they went to get just the right bouquet of flowers.

Upon check-in our room was not ready and we were very tired from the plane ride and long drive. Wendy Mallas came out of her office to greet us with a warm smile and happy attitude. She immediately calmed the situation. Wendy is a very special person. My husband likened her to the Disney World staff that she was like the fairy princess who makes everyone happy and calm. She is always smiling and helpful. She greets every single person who walks through the door. She makes everyone she sees feel like they are her own special guest and she is welcoming them to her home. She is The Ritz Residences fairy god mother who makes dreams come true. You are lucky to have such an amazing person managing your location.

So then we were evacuated!!! Terrible thing to happen on vacation right. Well… they made sure it was not so terrible. First my husband and I were on the mountain and my child and her friend were at the hotel. Wendy gathered the kids and took them to a safe place. She made them stay with her until help arrived. Dan the engineer was our babysitter I heard. Kuddos to Dan! We had no idea of the severity of the situation. We just figured it like a normal false alarm or just a quick fix type gas leak. So we did not rush back. Once we arrived and realized how serious the situation was Wendy explained we needed to find a place to sleep that night and promptly got us a room at the Arrabelle. So we were extremely pleased. It was not just the facility but the people. Everyone in the office helped everyone else! There was this one lady who was staying at the Vail Spa across the street. She had found a room for her family of 5, 3 adults and 2 kids one senior citizen. They all had this one small room they found but two of the adults stayed in the lobby and were exhausted and said they had no help from the management at the Vail Spa. They tried to call and really could not get help. I mentioned this to Wendy and she told me to tell her to come speak to her and she would assist the family. One of the staff at the Arrabelle asked me to introduce him to the two ladies and I did and he offered them a place to lay down and rest. They worked as a team. They all helped out everyone they could. They all stayed up all night to make sure when we were back in our condo everything was right. They never left. They were amazing! They all, from the bell guys and drivers to the housekeeping to the concierge all deserve kudos! I can’t say I have ever experienced anything like this and I hope I never do but I can tell you that we will be coming back! Your entire staff handled all the issues with smiles and helpful can do attitudes.

The actual facility is exactly what you expect from a Ritz. It’s complete luxury from the very wonderful beds to the steam shower and heated floors. There is nothing we could have needed from a condo.

Room Tip: We had a room over the pool/garden area and it was wonderful. 2br 211
1  Thank schultzsmiles
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I really love the residences at vail and stay here a few times a year. The location is great with beautiful views of the mountain and the gondola. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are lovely and decorated in a classic western style that doesn't go overboard. The only problem is the beds are rock hard! Bring your benedryl or pain killers and make sure to book a massage the day you leave! I also think they run the hot tub a few degrees to hot!

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Barbsiegogo
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The RC Residences could not be more perfect. The accommodations are modern, tasteful, spacious and comfortable. Service is warm and friendly. The building itself is perhaps the most attractive in Lionshead, if not all of Vail. The complimentary car service around town was a great bonus. We booked through Vail Resorts and they seem to independently operate certain units within the building, so when we had housekeeping or maintenance requests we contacted them directly. None of that was an inconvenience, and their staffers were equally great, if not better than the RC staff.

We thought about staying at the Four Seasons, which has a more central location, but after wandering into the Four Seasons to have a look around we felt even better about choosing the Ritz-Carlton. The Four Seasons had zero staff members in our outside of the lobby to open their giant doors and no one greeted us while we looked around the hotel. In contrast, the Ritz's doors were open during the daytime and always staffed by friendly valets. The Four Seasons was more austere and quiet - it felt more like Tokyo than Vail, which we found to be a very welcoming and friendly town. On a side note, Vail has to be one of the most kid-friendly towns in the US. Playgrounds and open space are abundant, modern and beautiful. If we ever go back I don't think we would consider staying anyplace but the RC residences.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

From the moment you drive in you are treated as royalty. Everyone from the valet to our housekeepers were exceptional, completing every request with a smile. We had a two bedroom 2 1/2 bath, facing the east mountain side, what a view. The residence are furnished with everything that you need down to a fully set up bar.(you provide the alcohol ), also a humidifier to help with dry mountain air. Linens & towels are plush & plentiful. The appliances are top of the line, & there is a Bose surround system. We enjoyed the pool & hot tubs almost every night. The fitness center was fully equipped, & Luke was a great yoga & exercise instructor. They have several activities scheduled for adults & kids during our stay, such as wine tasting with wonderful live music. You are within a short walk to Vail Village or you can take the free bus service or the Ritz will drive you in their SUV. We are looking forward to returning to Vail & the Ritz.

Room Tip: We love the mountain view rooms
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beenthere61
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My family loves the Ritz-Carlton and can't say enough. During our stay, the entire building was evacuated due to damage to a gas line. The staff worked diligently with all the guests to find outside accommodations. We were put up in a condo overnight (big enough for all 5) without charge and they even deducted a night charge from our staff. The staff was amazing before the event but expressed concern for us even after the incident. We'd definitely stay there again and are already planning another vacation.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel