“Loads of money with little return!”
Review of Matsuhisa Vail

Matsuhisa Vail
Reserve with OpenTable
Matsuhisa Vail is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 129 Restaurants in Vail
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We're a family of six that have lived in a variety of countries, including some years in Asia. To have some arrogant little idiot explain that he can order for us as opposed to us having the time to go through the very extensive menu really annoyed us! I get it, they have fifteen seatings or something so need to turn the ables quickly but really?? He was loud and obnoxious and more than rude....
The food is not worth either the price nor the rude and arrogant behavior of the staff! Some of us actually know a little bit more about food than red and white sauce!
Also forget having a conversation, acoustics sucks, maybe that's why the arrogant prat was shouting?

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

What makes this Nobu restaurant the tops is Chef Brain Busker. He and his staff's attention to detail and creativity make every dish special. Each dish we ordered was truly out of this world. Even our seemingly boring sushi combination plate was extraordinary and included some of the freshest fish we've had the pleasure to eat. We completed our meal with their signature Japanese shaved ice cream dessert with mango passion fruit sauce and fesh strawberry sauce. This dessert is not to be missed! It's the absolute best conclusion to a fine sushi meal we've ever had. We're making reservations now for our next trip to Vail.

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

I love sushi. This was average at best. Terrible service. We had to ask twice to get drinks. Had to ask for our server to come over several times. The food was so average and I had high hope, but it fell flat. Beautiful mountain view...

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Everything was perfect, from the very professional service to the atmosphere to the delicious and creative food. Our server was helpful and knowledgeable without being pudgy. The patio is delightful and we loved the unique food options.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We lived in Vail for a year and dined at the nice restaurants in town (Game Creek Club, Flame, Sweet Basil, Montauk, Splendido) and were MOST disappointed in Matsuhisha. We dined mid-week in July; the restaurant was busy but not super crowded. It is over-priced, yes, but we didn't mind given the great atmosphere and good views at the base of the mountain. The service was sub-par on the night we dined. My significant other ordered a hot meal steak which was brought out 15 minutes before my cold meal of sushi rolls (which were above average). The waitress seemed upset with me when I complained about the timing of the meals. It did nothing to immediately improve the situation as I still had to wait for my rolls--the excuse was that there is a difference kitchen for sushi and for meals (i.e. steak). The manager apologized and treated us to a Bento box dessert but this was little consolation for a cold steak and a significant wait for dinner. My impression: there are other restaurants in the valley that we visited regularly that have better service.

Been to Matsuhisa Vail? Share your experiences!