“Solid Steakhouse in Vail”
Review of Elway's

Elway's
Reserve with OpenTable
Elway's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 129 Restaurants in Vail
Price range: US$20 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: The Lodge at Vail
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We recommend this steakhouse for high service, excellent food in pleasant surroundings. We suggest making a reservation in advance.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

This restaurant is located in the Lodge at Vail. We usually don't eat in hotel restaurants but this one was excellent. The restaurant itself is elegant and very relaxing. Very polite wait staff. We had a restaurant week special--trout cooked whole, and stuffed with lemon and thyme. It was very moist and flavorful. It was served with Buerre Blanc, fingerling potatoes, crisp tender asparagus, and heirloom tomatoes. Each part of the meal was perfectly cooked.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Great food, horrible service! Visiting on a Friday night and the restaurant was full, but not overwhelming. Our server forgot our appetizer order, brought out the wrong salad, and never brought a 2nd drink. AND NEVER APOLOGIZED FOR HIS MISTAKES.

I know it's a steakhouse, but they have the best hamburgers ever! I've eaten at Elway's in Vail many times, and will continue to do so. Not sure if I'll ever visit this location again.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

My husband and I were both hungry for prime rib, we had never eaten at Elways so we figured surely we could get prime rib, but no prime rib on the menu. My filet was fine, my husband's was a little chewy sometimes. We really like the location, we used to stay in the Vail Lodge and enjoyed eating breakfast in the indoor patio room which is now part of Elways. Wait staff were fine but seem to lack personality. I had a Wedge salad and it had too much blue cheese dressing on it. My husband had a Cesare salad and it didn't have enough dressing on it. Our side dish was asparagus which was fine but I thought they had left too much stem on it so I cut them off. Not sure if I would go back.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

The food was just excellent. Fine dining experience you can count on from a Vail area establishment. Great everything!