“Best experience in Vail”
Review of Austria Haus Hotel

Austria Haus Hotel
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My fiancee and I stayed at the Austria Haus over closing weekend. The staff was so friendly and helpful during our stay. We got engaged over the weekend and they were so gracious with their hospitality. We will definitely be staying with them again soon.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LAV81657, Manager at Austria Haus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Kevin H again congratulations on the engagement, we are thrilled that we were able to be a contributing part to your Fiancé’s and your special weekend. We are excited for the opportunity to host you in the near future and if there is anything we can do to make your next stay just a special as the last please do not hesitate contact us with any inquiries.
Oliver Segall

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Took advantage of an end of the year deal at the hotel to squeeze in some end of the season skiing with my husband and my daughter. The hotel was clean, close to the slopes, had a friendly (but not intrusive or fake-friendly) staff and an amazing breakfast included. My only issue is that the beds in the Lupine room were trule doubles as clearly stated on the description of the room. I was secretly hoping for Queen beds in my "double" room as we have at least two people of reasonable girth used to sleeping in larger beds. The next room style up was indeed politely offered (with a King bed) for $30/more a night -- and would have been nice, but we would have had to put our daughter in a roll-away (cost per night was $50/night). At $80/night for 7 nights -- this would have increased our cost by $560 -- something we were unwilling to take on -- not to mention our 13 yo daughter would have been put out by not having her own full bed on her spring break. That said, for skinny people who like great breakfasts and want to be close to the slopes and other activities -- this hotel was great for us -- especially on the end-of-the-year deal. We would come back despite the bed situation.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mickie C we are happy to hear that you were able to "squeeze in" a couple of last minute days at the tail end of this amazing season we had here in Vail. All of our staff strives to take a personable yet professional approach when greeting or conversing with our guest and I'm pleased that you took notice. As far as the subtle disappointment you experienced when walking into you rooms and seeing the bed where as advertised, doubles, I apologize. Next time please feel free to call me direct before or after you book you room so that I may be sure you as comfortable as possible. Thank you for the lovely review.
Warm Regards,
Oliver Segall
Resident Manager

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Vail is a wonderful place and Austria Haus is perfectly located, great service, wonderful breakfast that is included in the rate for all, comfy beds, hot tub was perfect temp - all together a great weekend

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LAV81657, Manager at Austria Haus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Having a comfortable bed is such an important part of a vacation! I have to agree with you.. Austria Haus has all of the luxury amenities and comfort you could desire on your Vail Vacation. The indulgent staff takes pride in personalizing all of our guests stays. The intimate experience that Austria Huas has to offer is one of a kind in Vail. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you. Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind review.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

just not up to professional expectations for the hotel service industry. staff conversations, not for guests. poor reception upon arrival
dated room suite although had great potential, carpet stained (rust), light bulbs burned out & miss matched.
great central Vail Village location though.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LAV81657, Manager at Austria Haus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Good Afternoon Jazzedboutwine,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay with us. I am very disappointed that the service you received was not at the high level that the Austria Haus Hotel has been known for throughout our long history in Vail. I would love the opportunity to talk with you over the phone and gain more detail about the issues you had with the staff so that I can come up with a resolution for you. Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. I look forward to hearing from you.

970.754.7825

Reviewed 6 April 2014

From the second we arrived, it was more than we could have ever imagined. From the incredibly friendly staff that would make us hot chocolate when we would come in at night frozen cold to the amazing men and women working in the breakfast hall making capuccinos on the house, simply stellar. another breakfast attendent even kept an eye on the waffle machine for me when another hotel guest skipped me, thanks man! All in all I would highly recommend this place.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I loved your comment about the waffle machine! At the Austria Haus we aim to cater to each of our guests' individual needs. Our indulgent staff enjoy coming up with innovative ways to elevate our guest experience. I am so pleased that the Austria Haus was such a great fit for you on your recent trip to Vail. I look forward to my next opportunity to host you.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We enjoyed our State side ski vacation with an Austrian flare.
The service and room accommodations where very cozy & comfortable and the staff very crisp and friendly. The general manager Oliver was very helpful throughout our stay, he was there to greet us in the morning, inquired about our skiing was in the afternoon, saw us out to dinner and he was there when we returned from dinner and retired for the evening. I would recommend Austria to friends and Family!

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for your review Charles3233,

The Austria Haus is the perfect location for thoughtfully personalized service. We take pride in making personal connections and creating memories for all of our guests. I am so pleased that Oliver was able to provide such exemplary service throughout your stay. All of the staff at the Austria Haus will look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Picture perfect location on Gore Creek at covered bridge/pedestrian zone of Vail Village - just steps to dining and shopping with easy access to Gondola One for skiers. Wonderful continental breakfast. Lovely and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience from your recent stay. I am thrilled that your enjoyed our location and the hotel room. Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable. We look forward to our next opportunity to host you at the Austria Haus Hotel.