“Going back”
Review of Austria Haus Hotel

Austria Haus Hotel
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 5 June 2014

From the moment I arrived to the time I checked out my stay was relaxing. What a great stay. Staff was welcoming, helpful, and went out of their way to make sure my stay was perfect. I stayed the first week of June so prices were excellent. The city buses stop just down the street from the hotel and run every 20 minutes. Great location, great service, great price. I will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LAV81657, Manager at Austria Haus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Stephen W,
I'm thrilled to hear you had a wonderful time here at the Austria Haus, and that the team delivered a memorable experience. Thank you for deciding to stay with us and sharing your most-valued feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Amazing! The Austria Haus Hotel totally lived up to the great reviews it receives online!

I was in town for a wedding, and got to brag to other friends in town for the same who booked elsewhere! Their Hotels/Resorts did not even compare, and cost them more than half the price of mine!
-Hotel with "Old World" European Charm; reminds me of my trip to Europe!
-Great/Competitive Price
-Ideal Location in Vail Village
-Amazing and Unobstructed Views

-Clean, Comfortable, and relaxing sized room
-Keurig coffee maker with Starbucks coffee along with teas and bottled waters in the room (great for the afternoon pick me up!)
-Awesome "Every Tile Scrubbed Clean" type Bathroom
-Offers multiple controls for room temperature (can open window, ceiling fan, air conditioning) **We went while weather was warmer, I was happy to be able to turn on the air conditioning in the afternoons after hiking, while other friends b*!@hed about their resorts having none!**

-OMG! and the Continental Breakfast was something I called home raving about, eat your heart out options! And goes til 11am on weekends, ideal for the late sleeper!
-Convenient den room with free Computers/Printer for those last minute flight changes or e-ticket print outs

-the Staff was amazing and so helpful! I needed to get numerous places (rehearsal dinner, wedding, reception, etc.) and they were kind enough to shuttle me!
-The staff were just great; providing me with a map, then recommending and starring places on it for me! You could tell they really enjoyed their jobs!

Seriously, don't waste any more time researching! Between an ideal location, great price, and breakfast alone... BOOK IT!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Jenna G,
Wow, this is the type of review that is extremely encouraging for our entire team. We are thrilled to receive such positive comments. We really appreciate the feedback and want to thank you for sharing your comments. We hope we have the opportunity to host you again soon and help you reminisce on your European vacation, while creating new memories here in Vail.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Amazing location - right in the center of Vail Village. Couldn't ask for a more perfect location. The breakfast was included. It was fabulous - waffles, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, mixed berries, meats, cheeses. Omelette station on Wednesdays. Staff was great - very friendly and helpful. There is a heated pool and hot tub outside overlooking the river. I am a picky person when it comes to hotels and this one really was outstanding.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor since all of the rooms overlook the street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
LAV81657, Manager at Austria Haus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

dbr123, we couldn’t thank you enough for taking the time to write a review, especially one as kind this. I’m thrilled to hear that we meet and hopefully exceeded all expectations. The breakfast staff really does do a great job setting up a wonderful spread; soon we will have to call it the Austria Haus's famous breakfast. We look forward to hosting you and your guest on the near future.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This place is a gem! Had an excellent experience. Great location, cozy, and extraordinary staff! Cannot say enough nice things about the staff; incredibly friendly and helpful. Highly recommend Austria Haus!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LAV81657, Manager at Austria Haus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Sabir M, Thank you for taking the time to compose this woderful review. Not to forget our lacation, rooms and amenities (which are all fantastic), however I couldnt agree with you more regarding the staff, we all feel that they are our best attribute. All of our employees strive to go above and beyond to ennsure the guest has the best possible stay while visiting Vail. Again thank you for the kind words.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Our first trip to Vail and the Austria Haus. Beautiful boutique hotel, excellent service, friendly and sincere team, clean, comfy and well appointed rooms. perfect stay except bit loud on street side.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LAV81657, Manager at Austria Haus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Kim C we are pleased to hear that you chose the Austria Haus for your accommodations for your first visit to Vail. I was happy to hear that everything met your expectations and hopefully exceeded most. We hope that we get the opportunity to host you again if you plan to visit Vail in the future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My fiancee and I stayed at the Austria Haus over closing weekend. The staff was so friendly and helpful during our stay. We got engaged over the weekend and they were so gracious with their hospitality. We will definitely be staying with them again soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kevin H again congratulations on the engagement, we are thrilled that we were able to be a contributing part to your Fiancé’s and your special weekend. We are excited for the opportunity to host you in the near future and if there is anything we can do to make your next stay just a special as the last please do not hesitate contact us with any inquiries.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Took advantage of an end of the year deal at the hotel to squeeze in some end of the season skiing with my husband and my daughter. The hotel was clean, close to the slopes, had a friendly (but not intrusive or fake-friendly) staff and an amazing breakfast included. My only issue is that the beds in the Lupine room were trule doubles as clearly stated on the description of the room. I was secretly hoping for Queen beds in my "double" room as we have at least two people of reasonable girth used to sleeping in larger beds. The next room style up was indeed politely offered (with a King bed) for $30/more a night -- and would have been nice, but we would have had to put our daughter in a roll-away (cost per night was $50/night). At $80/night for 7 nights -- this would have increased our cost by $560 -- something we were unwilling to take on -- not to mention our 13 yo daughter would have been put out by not having her own full bed on her spring break. That said, for skinny people who like great breakfasts and want to be close to the slopes and other activities -- this hotel was great for us -- especially on the end-of-the-year deal. We would come back despite the bed situation.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mickie C we are happy to hear that you were able to "squeeze in" a couple of last minute days at the tail end of this amazing season we had here in Vail. All of our staff strives to take a personable yet professional approach when greeting or conversing with our guest and I'm pleased that you took notice. As far as the subtle disappointment you experienced when walking into you rooms and seeing the bed where as advertised, doubles, I apologize. Next time please feel free to call me direct before or after you book you room so that I may be sure you as comfortable as possible. Thank you for the lovely review.