“Average Accommodations in an Expensive Resort”
Review of Eagle Point Resort

Eagle Point Resort
Ranked #19 of 39 Speciality Lodging in Vail
Colorado
“Average Accommodations in an Expensive Resort”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Recently my wife and I spent 5 days at the Eagle Point Resort in Vail Colorado. It was the closing weekend for the ski area and there were lots of things going on throughout Vail.

The Eagle Point Resort is located in west Vail and requires you either drive into town, or take their free shuttle bus to Lion’s Head and then take the free public transportation further into the heart of Vail. The bus runs fairly frequently but is not the most convenient way to get into and out of the town and I would recommend that you plan to drive. Plan to pay for parking during the ski season; it’s free in the summer time.

The accommodations are average for a ski town and I would not call them luxurious by any stretch. However, they are good value for money particularly when compared with the generally expensive lodging throughout Vail. The rooms are not as quiet as a previous writer has said, particularly when the guests above you and around you are children. AND, the close proximity to I-70 means that highway noise is very loud. The unit we stayed in was not air conditioned so in the summer you will need to sleep with the widow open and the highway noise will be a problem for all but the soundest sleepers.

If your primary consideration is reasonably priced accommodations (and you're a sound sleeper) in what is otherwise pricy Vail Colorado, I can recommend the Eagle Point Resort.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank rockymountainrider

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lincroft, NJ
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Just got back from Eagle Point. It was obviously quite recently renovated - grout in baths perfect, etc. And very quiet. I never heard any noises from the surrounding units, and there must have been people around because there were lots of cars. We were there Easter week and snow was dwindling quickly, so perhaps it wasn't as crowded as it can get.

My husband and I shared a very comfortable king bedroom with bath (Room 223). My sons shared the 2nd bedroom with two single beds, perfect for them.

The kitchen had everything we needed. We did ask for a teapot - but then I remembered I could have just used the microwave.

They give plenty of towels, which is great because of the pool and hot tubs. The outside hot tub was not as warm as the inside, and I would have preferred it to be the other way around. The inside hot tub was so hot you sweat to death without a breeze. The outside was very warm but not enough to keep your shoulders and head warm with the breeze. I'm sure the indoor hot tub is comfortable when the accordion door which separates the inside pool from the outdoor pool is open.

Staff very friendly and responsive to requests for things (WD-40 for squeaky bathroom door), suggestions and making calls to local activities. No problem there.

The only complaint I heard was from my sons - about the Internet access. They made the best of it by going into the lobby to get access (for some reason it worked there). I could care less, as I don't like to be tethered to the Internet while on vacation. However, they were thrilled that X-Box was provided. We brought games with us, but there is a wide variety of X-Box games, DVD movies, books and board games available for free borrowing, which I thought was a really nice touch.

Oh, yes, the rooms are a bit warm. I can't figure out why. There were overhead fans in the bedrooms and three table fans available, which were enough for us - but remember we were just there and it was still cool at night. Maintenance was installing screens as we arrived so we did open the windows. Not sure what people do if it gets really warm in the summer.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank RinaD
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Pros: location, clean, comfortable rooms, equipped kitchen, hot tub outside and inside. Weak points. Sauna did not work, insufficient parking, wi-fi weak I could not use Skype and the worst is to get a room on the third floor, as it has no elevator. Get oxigen!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank totito
Miamisburg, Ohio
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We are in unit 222 at the resort. The internet connection is nearly non existent at times. The front desk refuses to do anything about it, other than to walk outside the door with a cell phone and tell me there is a good connection. OK, that is fine if I want to take my computer outside in below freezing temps. He says the problem is with my internet card. I have 3 computers here and none of them are working well, although they have worked in every other of the destinations that I have stayed in during 2011, which would be 166 nights. We have stayed here several times in the past and not had this issue in other units. Overall the resort is very nice and spacious. The kitchen is very well equipped. However, the internet is as important to me as snow on the mountain is to a skiier. I will have to seriously consider coming to Eagle Point in the future. In addition there is no elevator to the upper two floors, so be prepared to haul ski equipment and suitcases up at least one flight if you reserve anything other than a 2 bedroom unit. I am going to have to seriously consider reserving here in the future. Bad news is that I am stuck here for 2 1/2 more weeks.

Room Tip: You must reserve a two bedroom if you cannot drag ski equipment and suitcases upstairs. No help is...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank timesharetraveler11
Show Low
Reviewed 29 December 2011

This place is reminescent of my first college apartment where everything opened up to the pool. It was noisy, with a party vibe. There is no A/C so lots of people had their doors open trying to get some circulation. The parking is ridiculous, with narrow spaces that are tough to navigate. There were bins of dirty laundry sitting by the main entrance for 3 days.
The office staff is nice, and the location is great. The room was okay, nothing fancy, and hardly worth the title of "resort". This is not the place for seasoned travelers seeking relaxation or quiet.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank ShowLowBecky
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 18 December 2011

My mom and I were looking for a cheap place to bring our SO's to have a Vail weekend getaway. She was already visiting from San Diego, so the budget was tight. We honestly just booked this place because it was the cheapest option...but it was great! Free wine and cheese social, nice rooms, heated indoor/outdoor pool. We're not skiers, so being close to the slopes wasn't important, but we did take advantage of the "skier shuttle" to go visit lions head village without having to drive. It's an easy 5 minute drive to vail village, too.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Lima, Ohio
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My sisters and I stayed at the Eagle Point while we were attending our cousin's wedding in Vail, Colorado. We were thrilled when we entered our condo to see a large master bedroom, and a room with two single beds. We had two full bathrooms, which is important to have when many people want to get ready for an event at one time. The condo was newly remodeled with a fabulous bathroom and kitchen area. The dining area had a table with 6 chairs and a nice, little kitchenette.
The location is about a five minute drive from the main area of Vail, and summer parking was free. We also enjoyed walking on the Gore Creek trail, which is very close to the condominium.
The pool area was nice and is heated in the winter months. There is a deck above the pool where you can have an outdoor barbeque, using the grills on the deck.
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We all said that we would love to come back with a group of friends. If you would like a place to stay with excellent quality and a low price, consider The Eagle Point Resort.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family