“It's OK”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bridge Street
Description: This is a brand new restaurant in Vail Village
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stopped in for after-lunch appetizers and drinks. The mussels and clams were few but tasty. The hummus veggie plate was an acceptable size; however, the hummus was too bland. We had to ask for silverware and napkins but the server was fairly prompt. I selected the Evolution white wine blend. It was pleasant but not really worth the $10/glass price. It should be more in the $6 range. All-in-all -- average.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Vail usually doesn't disappoint, but the experience here wasn't so great. When you eat alone, you are sometimes overlooked by waitstaff, and that seemed to happen here. Took a 20 minutes (early dinner hour, around 600) to get cocktail, forgot the take out box and just ended up leaving the food once the check finally arrived. I'm sure it can be better, but certainly wasn't any place I'd recommend.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Beautiful view of the river sitting outside... the food was good... Wait staff leaves something to be desired. Drinks weren't refilled, didn't know what the side of fruit was...actually told us wrong fruit which is a big deal for a 4 year old. We seemed to annoy the serverif we had a request. Simple requests, like napkins and silverware, a new beer, ketchup for the fries... Won't go back too many options in Vail for this.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The service was good. My wife ordered a salad the apples were dry. I liked the Colorado handcrafted beer. My New England clam chowder was good. I wanted to try the oysters but the waiter forgot. By then he had brought the chicken wrap. All in all it was good. Can't say very good, but good.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We went on a beautiful summer evening and we able to sit on the porch overlooking a full-to-the-bank, rushing Gore Creek. Being outside was much quieter and more conducive to quiet conversation ... perfect for my wife and I (however, if you like the sports bar type of scene, then inside the restaurant is for you).

We were not that hungry, and more in the mood for a salad, and hit the jackpot with this place.

We started with an excellent bruschetta with a yummy balsamic vinaigrette. Then, my wife had the Gorgonzola Walnut Salad with Gorgonzola Crumbles, Granny Smith Apples, Roma Tomatoes, and Candied Walnuts over Mixed Greens with Raspberry Vinaigrette. It was delicious.

But, as good as her salad was, mine was even better. I had the Roasted Pear Spinach Salad with Roasted Pears, Bri, and Pecan Smoked Bacon over Fresh Spinach & Arugula with Balsamic Vinaigrette. Very, very good.

We were still a bit hungry, so our "dessert," was an appetizer quesadilla, which was pan fried with pico, black olives, jalapeños, Pepper Jack cheese, salsa, sour Cream, and guacamole. Excellent.

The service was excellent and our server matched our meal with a couple of perfect beers. We were very pleased.