“Incredible Fishing w/Guide Katie Anderson”

Gore Creek Fly Fishing
Hollywood, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Incredible Fishing w/Guide Katie Anderson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

For the second year in a row I had the pleasure of fishing the Eagle River through Gore Creek Outfitters with guide Katie Anderson. This year it was adults only so we hit some waters more difficult to enter than with kids. The fishing was spectacular and Katie worked hard examining the surrounding, looking at the hatches, tying and re-tying flies, adding weights, changing depths and everything a seasoned guide would do to ensure maximum number of bites. I am already looking forward to the summer of 2015.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank wngreen

Vail
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Our mother/daughter (14 year old) day-long fishing trip with Ryan was fantastic. There was a perfect amount of calm water with beautiful scenery along with a few class 3 rapids throughout the trip. Despite it being my daughters first time fly fishing, we caught quite a few fish. Ryan was an excellent guide. He gave the right amount of instruction while still making sure we were fishing on our own. He was patient, fun to be around, and didn't care if we lost a few of his flies. Ryan was very knowledgeable about where to fish and all about the wildlife. My daughter says "It was definitely the best part of the trip!" We had a blast and learned all about Colorado. Highly recommend.

Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Eagle Vail Fly Fishing Trip”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Guide was very hard on our son for losing flies during his trip. My son lost approximately 10 flies and fewer than another person on the same trip but the guide was focused on him. Guide also took our son right outside the Westin hotel where we would have preferred him to be in a more rural setting and outside the city. I asked a few other guides that week about the location and they were surprised they fished from that spot as they said there were much better spots. Unfortunately after this experience my son did not pick up his fly fishing pole the rest of the trip.

Visited July 2014
Augusta, Michigan
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Teaching my son how to fish with a fly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Connected with this outfit while on holiday in Vail. Wanted to take my son fly fishing and hoping to find a guide who could help. Jeff was awesome. Took my son and I out to a small creek where we were all by ourselves in the mountains, fishing for Browns. He stayed with my son all day and ensured he knew what to do. My son landed 2 trout and had several on through out the day. This was my son's first time fly fishing and now that is the only type of fishing he'd like to do. Worth every penny based on the outcome. Thank you Jeff and Gore Creek Fly Fishing!!!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Excellent flyfishing trip with Cooper Anderson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Cooper is an incredible guide; he is extremely knowledgeable and very patient. After a brief tutorial we were in the water and within minutes, I hooked my first fish. Cooper was coaching me the entire time I was in the river; how to cast, where to cast, where to step, and when to move. He made me feel confident and I had a wonderful experience! I would request Cooper again!

Visited July 2013