“I went three days in a row!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Vail
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“I went three days in a row!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

This shop is adorable! I spoke with Lauren, the owner (I think) multiple times. She was friendly and helpful as were the other staff. The cupcakes are delicious and come in many amazing flavors: carrot cake, red velvet, salted caramel, and PB and J! Try them all!

• Visited July 2013

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Yummy cupcakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

I read a bad review of this place and kind of wondered what was wrong with the reporters taste buds.
We started out with cinnamon rolls, still warm and with or without a creamy topping. I waited for the red velvet cakes and they were worth it! IT WAS DELICIOUS! And you have your choice of cream cheese frosting or vanilla. The cream cheese is wonderful on the red velvet. They also make a cupcake in a ice cream cone with icing and sprinkles. Our grandchild was a big fan. The two sweet girls at the store were just the nicest they could be with our family. I love this place, but then I am a sweet junkie.

• Visited July 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
“Not worth it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

The cake was dry, not sweet and decorated like my child did it, certainly not an expert. It was a small round cake and was 70$. I felt very expensive even for Vail standards when our group of 4 adults and 4 kids didn't even like it. We each tried it and the rest was left over for our week in Vail, no one has eaten it and we will have to throw it out. The second day it was hard as a rock also.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ingra S
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Way Overpriced Even for Vail”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

$5 for a dry stale cupcake without much flavor is pretty outrageous even for Vail prices. I was totally unimpressed and would not purchase another one. Too bad.

Visited March 2013
Lauren S, Owner at Mountain Cupcakes, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
I apologize for your experience in the store with dry product. Everything is always made the day of with no day old cupcakes of any kind available. Please let me know, via email (mountaincupcakes@gmail.com) or in this platform, what you had on your trip to Vail so I can do my best to not allow this to happen in the future.

Looking forward to hearing from you
Toronto
“Nice addition to the village”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

I found the cupcakes to be good (2visits)

My wife found them outstanding. Her big like was tat he icing wasn't too sweet

Visited January 2013

Been to Mountain Cupcakes? Share your experiences!