“Great horseback trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Vail Stables
Ranked #11 of 58 Outdoor Activities in Vail
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Horseback Riding through the Rocky Mountains, a Daily, drop-off, Summer Horse and Pony Camp for kids 3-14, and a picnic/play area, conveniently located one mile from Vail Village.
Atlanta, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great horseback trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Horses were well behaved and the guide was fun and cute!

It hadn't rained in many weeks there, so the trail was dusty - but isn't that the way it should be?

Visited June 2013

Colorado Spring
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“First Time Rider! EXCELLENT Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I loved Vail Stables. I had never been horseback riding before my experience at Vail Stables. From the moment we pulled up I was impressed. They were very accommodating and definitely willing to work you through it. They helped me on the horse and showed me how to move the horse from side to side. The trail was absolutely beautiful. Great views of Vail Mountain and the forest. I felt safe and the horses were great. I also thought the value was worth it. $75 for 1.5 hrs of riding.

Would not hesitate to return!

Visited August 2013
“Our best adventure in Vail!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

We put our kids in the camp for the week (we are city folk amd they had never ridden before) and they now love horseback riding. They learned so much! They said the councelers were so nice. I was impressed because they were responsible and great with kids. Some days were sunny and warm, some rainy. They loved all of it! And what an amazingly beautiful place. We went on a trail ride with them at the end of the week and had a fabulous time! What a great experience for my family. Everyone there were awesome!

“Great Ride Rain or Shine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Very professional wranglers, fantastic views and scenery. Our kids LOVED the horse camp. Worth every penny. Look forward to coming back next year.

Kickapoo12, Owner at Vail Stables, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Dazzling up here isn't it? Thanks for riding. The kids in horse camp are the luckiest kids in the world. Thanks for visiting!

Regards,

Kym Manula
Sarasota, Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Your safety is not their concern”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I had a 2pm ride and it is raining, thundering and lighting in Lions Village, Vail. They would not cancel my reservation, they are going on the ride. I have been riding horses all my life, including that I am a polo player. And there is no way I would go riding if there is lightning.
The manager, a Kim was extremely rude and told me that the lightning would not effect the ride on the other side of the mountain. The radar shows rain from Georgetown to Vail.
When asked what would happen if lighting would occur during the ride, she said " that never happens" ..... She didn't even offer to reschedule for tomorrow. Their website is incomplete and
you would be putting your life at risk by riding with them.

10 Thank 2013sylvia
Kickapoo12, Owner at Vail Stables, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
I'm pretty sure we lose 1.75 years off our life each year that we operate, worrying about our guests riding in rain or sunshine. If my accounting is correct, I'll pass on in about 3 years.

That is why we purchase new tack every year. Why we carefully groom our horses checking for any injuries sustained in the night. Why we worm and vaccinate for optimal health. Why we purchase the best feed possible. Why we dismount to clear the trails on rides, after each windstorm, and after random trees fall on the trail. Why we train our guides for nearly a month before they can go solo.

It's been 12 years of watching the storms pound on Vail Village while we sit in the sunshine at the ranch. We are very lucky to sit in the banana belt of Vail.

Yes. Most tour companies in the Vail Valley have a strict cancellation policy. Please make sure you understand it when booking a tour.

Regards,

Kym Manula

Been to Vail Stables? Share your experiences!