“Wonderful experience”

Vail Stables
Ranked #1 of 7 Fun & Games in Vail
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Situated in the Rocky Mountains at 8400 ft one mile NW of Vail, CO. Guided Horseback Riding Tours Goat Yoga and Wine Tasting Escape Room Challenge Games Summer Horse and Pony Camp Beer and Wine Saloon Pony Rides Equine Love Introduction Classes Knife-Building Classes Chicken and Goat Petting Area
Indy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I decided to take a chance last week and take my 7 year old son to the stables for a ride. I did not make reservations because he had never been on a pony let alone a horse. The staff at the stables were great and arranged for him to sit and walk the horse a bit before deciding on paying for the ride. When we decided to go, Kim arranged a ride with a wonderfully patient wrangler, Kayleigh. My son had a wonderful time and talked about the ride and his horse Roni all week. I have ridden at multiple stables across the country and these horses are among the best behaved, well cared for trail horses I have experienced. I made reservations later in the week and requested Roni again for my son. Kim was very accommodating and had her saddled up for our second ride. Thank you to Kim and Kayleigh. I now have a son who had a great experience for his first ride, and is now excited about horseback riding.

Exton, Pennsylvania
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great ride and views”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Booked my two teenage daughters for an 1.5 ride. Staff at the site was super friendly and helpful. Horses were cared for and mild. My girls are not experienced riders but loved the ride and were very happy with the whole experience. They still have smiles on their faces and keep thanking me! My only negative would be when I called to book, the operator was very friendly but did not seem to know enough about services offered. Also, she was unable to help me when I asked about appropriate clothing.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Dana L
Holly, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great time”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Can't say enough about my ride. Aspens changing color, mountains breath taking, great horse to ride "Wheels", informative guide, Carsten, great trails, and adorable blue healer puppy "Otis" who entertained and joined us for the ride.
Everyone was kind, and professional. Was able to purchase an antler for my dog, and the ladies I rode with got horse shoes.
It had been a while since I rode, and spent a good deal of my life on a horse, so I can attest to the good healthy horses this facility offers.
Thank you!

Visited October 2013
Dallas, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A nice, easy stroll on a horse through the mountains”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Would have liked to go a more of a gallop pace than stroll but the guides were great, enjoyed our horse ride overall.

Visited July 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“SO much fun!!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My husband and I visited Vail last month and I wanted to try horseback riding for the first time. We took the 1.5 hour trail ride and it was the highlight of our whole trip! Our wrangler was so nice and very knowledgeable of the horses, giving us information on our horses' personalities so there were no surprises. My horse was a lot of fun but was very well-behaved, perfect for a first timer! The mountains had gotten their first snow fall the night before, so the higher up we went, the more snow there was on the ground and on the trees. It was BEAUTIFUL! The views were absolutely breathtaking and our wrangler (whose name I unfortunately can't remember) was willing to stop and take our picture for us. If you want to go on a really memorable trail ride, this is 100% the place to do it. Cheers to you Vail Stables, and thank you for making my first horseback riding experience so amazing!

Visited September 2013