“Can't beat the scenery”

Vail Stables
Ranked #1 of 7 Fun & Games in Vail
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Situated in the Rocky Mountains at 8400 ft one mile NW of Vail, CO. Guided Horseback Riding Tours Goat Yoga and Wine Tasting Escape Room Challenge Games Summer Horse and Pony Camp Beer and Wine Saloon Pony Rides Equine Love Introduction Classes Knife-Building Classes Chicken and Goat Petting Area
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Took the 1.5 hour ride which included spectacular views of Vail Valley. Staff was friendly and professional. Very pleased and recommend it.

Kickapoo12, General Manager at Vail Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

We love you! Visit again please.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Over the 4th of July Weekend we took a ride up to Vail and went on the most awesome and amazing horseback ride. The guides are super friendly! They offer great insight about the area, where to eat and have a great time in Vail. Will definitely visit again soon!

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I decided to take a chance last week and take my 7 year old son to the stables for a ride. I did not make reservations because he had never been on a pony let alone a horse. The staff at the stables were great and arranged for him to sit and walk the horse a bit before deciding on paying for the ride. When we decided to go, Kim arranged a ride with a wonderfully patient wrangler, Kayleigh. My son had a wonderful time and talked about the ride and his horse Roni all week. I have ridden at multiple stables across the country and these horses are among the best behaved, well cared for trail horses I have experienced. I made reservations later in the week and requested Roni again for my son. Kim was very accommodating and had her saddled up for our second ride. Thank you to Kim and Kayleigh. I now have a son who had a great experience for his first ride, and is now excited about horseback riding.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Booked my two teenage daughters for an 1.5 ride. Staff at the site was super friendly and helpful. Horses were cared for and mild. My girls are not experienced riders but loved the ride and were very happy with the whole experience. They still have smiles on their faces and keep thanking me! My only negative would be when I called to book, the operator was very friendly but did not seem to know enough about services offered. Also, she was unable to help me when I asked about appropriate clothing.

3  Thank Dana L
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Can't say enough about my ride. Aspens changing color, mountains breath taking, great horse to ride "Wheels", informative guide, Carsten, great trails, and adorable blue healer puppy "Otis" who entertained and joined us for the ride.
Everyone was kind, and professional. Was able to purchase an antler for my dog, and the ladies I rode with got horse shoes.
It had been a while since I rode, and spent a good deal of my life on a horse, so I can attest to the good healthy horses this facility offers.
Thank you!

Been to Vail Stables? Share your experiences!