“Fine eating experience”
Review of Terra Bistro

Terra Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Terra Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 124 Restaurants in Vail
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: For more than 23 years Terra Bistro has been an essential dining destination for Vail Valley visitors, as well as a lasting favorite among locals. Chef Shawn Miller's adventurous approach to seasonal ingredients yields imaginative, carefully-crafted dishes and ever-changing menus. With a special focus on lighter fare, but with plenty of opportunity for indulgence, our menus naturally accommodate a variety of tastes and dietary restrictions, including gluten allergies and vegans. Accompanying our menus is our extensive wine list presented by our very talented in-house Sommelier. Additionally, we offer a variety Colorado craft beers and our specialty cocktails, inspired by Colorado spirits, are often a highlight of our guest's experience.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Recommended by foodie friends. Unique and interesting menus. Wine cellar is top notch. Sommelier was very helpful and not pretentious.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Excellent food and ambience at a reasonable price. There is a good selection of vegetarian choices, as well as other other gourmet entrees.

1  Thank Warren J
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I give this review 4 stars instead of 3 because our waiter from Bulgaria was the best! I am a vegetarian and he was so helpful, telling me what dishes were vegetarian/vegan and how they could alter certain dishes. He was also very friendly and welcoming. My husband, who eats fish occasionally when he knows it is fresh, had the swordfish and pronounced it delicious. At his urging, I had a bit of his mango risotto and it was excellent. My quinoa salad was really wonderful -- but the kale chips and the roasted vegetables desperately needed seasoning. Presentations like this are why people think vegetables are bland! I expect more from great chefs, which this restaurant obviously has. Our cake for dessert was delicious -- but the cake and coffee were quite overpriced.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

While the menu offers fresh organic dishes, which were all prepared well, this restaurant is in my mind overpriced. Dinner for 5 on 4th of July (with no wine or dessert) was over $400. There are many other more moderately priced places to dine in Vail Village.

1  Thank GloryGirl78
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My boyfriend loved the smoked trout Cesar salad but wasn't to my liking. He had the rib eye which is what i usually order and loved it. I had the short ribs and didn't like it so much but don't normally order. He said it was great. I'm thinking i had an off night. The atmosphere is great and on a Monday in July it was packed. They had a good selection of wine.

1  Thank Roadtrip911