“Very tasteful bento and sushi”
Review of Nozawa Sushi & Asian Kitchen - CLOSED

Nozawa Sushi & Asian Kitchen
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2013

If you're visiting in Vail and you're looking for some great Japanese sushi place, this is the place! It's located inside Holiday Inn. Some but not most of the menu is fusion but still great even if it isnt authentic Japanese. When i ate here, the rolls where 50% off including the bento meal. I would definitely come back and recommend this place to my friends!

1  Thank Nico M

Reviewed 10 September 2013

This place offers some of the best off season specials that I've seen for a restaurant. (50% off entrees and sushi rolls and I believe 20% off for happy hour). I've gotten different entrees on numerous different occasions and have always enjoyed them. The portions are always very generous and I always end up taking leftovers home with me. Their wonton and miso soup are both delicious! For the most part, the service there is always great but on one or two occasions we've gotten some less than amazing service. (The waitress seemed to forget we were there...and it wasn't overly busy either). They also offer a really great deal on a lunch bento box. The portion size of this is more than generous for $7.95! I'll definitely be going back.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I was staying at the Holiday Inn, and saw they were having a 50% deal on sushi and certain entrees, so I decided to take the family for sushi and a mixture of Japanese and Thai. I have had sushi just a few times, so I am not an expert. However, from the service, to the sushi to the meal and the dessert, this was one of the best meals I have eaten. I cannot remember the dessert, but it had bananas in it---highly recommended. The waitstaff was excellent!!!

All and all, the meal for 5 people was about $80. Without the discount it would have been $140 or so (but we would not have splurged with sushi and rice wine). If you are in the area, especially staying at the hotel, I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Great little place with fantastic choice of rolls - so delicious!! Definitely recommend the special rolls. Everything was fresh.

1  Thank Ilene80111
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We just went to Nozawa this weekend. The sushi was really good, was kind of surprised good sushi was in the Holiday Inn Express. Loved that entrees and rolls are 50% off in the off-season. One friend is gluten free and the waitress Boni was extremely knowledgeable about what was GF. She basically said tell me what you want and we'll make it GF.

The pad thai came out and both my friend and I agreed that something was just off about the sauce. We ate about 3 bites of it and just decided to not finish it. I'd go again and just get a different entree.