“Take your Patience, Totally Worth It”
Review of Joe's Famous Deli

Joe's Famous Deli
Ranked #2 of 7 Dessert in Vail
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for ice cream two afternoons; such a delicious treat! As an ice cream connoisseur, I'd say this definitely exceeded my expectations.
That said, it was a haven for families with 5+ kids so the wait took some time, especially when the kids wanted multiple samples :-)
Not a quick stop but worth it!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Wanting to save a bit of money on lunch in Vail, we ducked down the stairs below street level to find a tiny, six-table treasure of fantastic deli sandwiches and homemade ice creams and sorbets. My chicken sandwich had thinly sliced purple onions, roasted bell peppers, and what looked like fresh basil and pine nuts, toasted on focaccia bread. It was delicious. The key lime sorbet washed it down and left me very pleased. I will return again!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Easy and great sandwiches! They also have ice cream. Expect to pay a bit more for food than most places but my husband and I split breakfast and lunches to help with expenses. We could always get something else if we wanted.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Ok, it was a very hot day in Vail. But, I would still expect the ice cream to be at the correct temperature. My kids were very disappointed when after the 5th or 6th lick the whole lot fell on the ground. I would go back as I know lots of people who love this place but, will visit on a cooler day next time.

1  Thank mtngyrl_10
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Grabbed breakfast here before rafting. Was a quick, inexpensive for Vail, breakfast. The breakfast sandwich on foccica was not great. Asked for no cheese, but they put cheese on it. Did not find out until after we left and were on the way to raft. So did not enjoy that sandwich. We also go the Huevos Ranchero burrito. It was good. Not what I consider huevos rancheros coming from Texas, but still a good burrito. Would go back to try a sandwich or breakfast for a cheaper option to eat in Vail.