“Space City Ski Club group dinner ...”

Up the Creek Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 123 Restaurants in Vail
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Houston, Texas
“Space City Ski Club group dinner ...”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

... was held here during this year's Vail trip. I agree with the reviews that this is a great restaurant, and there aren't that many in Vail, unfortunately. I thought I'd add my two cents because I got a bit of insight into how they handle groups. Frankly, they did a great job. Now, in our group's favor, and in favor of Up The Creek, we were there during the second week in December, which is a quiet week. I wouldn't want to try to set up a large group during the Christmas season. But, at this time, they handled us very well. We had a special menu just for our group. They gave us a choice of two salads and three entrees. Soft drinks and coffee were included but wine, etc., and dessert were not. The price was $50 a head. Service was quick and attentive and friendly. The tables were a bit close, however. Overall, they did a great job for us.

• Visited December 2013

Vail, Colorado
“Probably the best in Vail!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I'm a frequent diner at Up The Creek, and there's a reason for that! Not only is the food outstanding, (lunch or dinner)... The service is impeccable as well! During the offseason they offer discounts and they do a 10$ chef's special. Can't really beat that in Vail! Peter and his family have pride in their restaurant and it shows. This is a place YOU do not want to miss! Sit on their creekside patio in the summer, or inside where it's nice in cozy during the winter. Tell them I sent you. Enjoy!

• Visited October 2013
Kansas City, Kansas
“Great”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We were in Vail for 4 nights over the summer and this was my favorite meal. The service was good and the food was excellent - from the seafood (scallops) to the steak to the cocktails (try the Colorado Cucumber - not normally my type of thing but it was super good). The atmosphere was not too fussy for a great meal and the location right on the river was cool.

• Visited August 2013
Short Hills, New Jersey
“My favorite lunch place in Vail!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I love sitting next to the creek and enjoying a delicious cobb salad and a glass of white wine. The service is always friendly and I love that I can bring my kids with me and watch them play outside while we wait for our food.

Visited August 2013
New Braunfels, Texas
“Even better than I hoped it would be”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Using other Trip Advisor reviews, my wife and I choose this restaurant out of several who were offering special deals for the first annual Vail restaurant week. We were somewhat apprehensive because of "bar and grille" in their name. Also, there were only about 10 entrees to choose from, each for only $20.13, because of the special week. Everything turned out great. I had a fish dish and my wife had pasta and both were simply delicious. The service was outstanding as well. This was by far our favorite dinner out during two weeks of sampling several restaurants in the Vail, Breckenridge, Frisco and Dillon area.

• Visited September 2013

Been to Up the Creek Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!