“Surprisingly great food and prices”

George Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #26 of 129 Restaurants in Vail
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This is where the locals go. Happy Hour is from 6 to 10 and entrees are $20 or less and drinks are $4.50. I got more than a pound of king crab legs and they were great!

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent five days in vail. We hit all the hot spots and were looking for something different. We asked a couple locals and were directed to George. It is below ground, dark, wood bar. Make no mistake, it is a bar first. Not a kid place. Bartender was friendly. JW Black was 4.50. Alaskan crab was 20 dollars. The food was solid. It was not crowded at 7 in evening. It gets more crowded with locals when all the other establishments close, I was told. My wife and I actually giggled about how cheap the ticket was.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I love duck. I also appreciate a bargain. Here you get both. You could have knocked me over with a feather when the duck rivaled with the best I had in paris! This is a funky locale and an underground bar. Not fancy. Not impressive. But OMG, the duck is to die for.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Cold beer and tasty egg roll! We stopped in for cold one before heading to our condo. Friendly bartender and great service!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great place for cheap drinks and food. This is a bar, would not take my kids there. Dark, typical bar. As adults it was great. Heard it is where locals hang out. Went in for a quick drink, ended up staying talking to locals, and enjoying cheap drinks. Suggest going there for late night drinks. Bartender was great.

Been to George Restaurant & Pub? Share your experiences!