“Quick, friendly service and great food”
Review of The Little Diner

The Little Diner
Ranked #1 of 127 Restaurants in Vail
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Our remodel is almost done! No Really! We will be open sometime between November 1st & 2nd. Sorry for the delay, but were just buttoning the last few details up and passing all our final inspections. Please be sure to check out our progress on Facebook. We hope to see you soon! Vail's Legendary Breakfast Spot! The Diner specializes in traditional favorites and regional specialties using family recipes and the freshest locally sourced ingredients. Come by and try the house specialty German Pancake, a sweet crepe, homemade biscuits and sausage gravy, corned beef hash, or fall in love with the Eggs Benedict the owner's father "wooed" his mother with.. Serving up fast, fresh, scratch-made food to nourish your soul. Breakfast all day & Lunch after 11:30. Locally owned & operated. At the West Lionshead Plaza bus stop. The best breakfast in Vail!
Reviewed 2 August 2014

As others have noted,the seating is limited, so it might not be the place to go for large groups, but my party of 2 was seated in about 20 minutes on a Friday morning. It is also probably not the place to go for a romantic dinner because everyone is seated at the bar around the kitchen, but it is a great atmosphere for hanging out with friends/family. The servers were very friendly and helpful. I got the Famous Eggs Benedict which was delicious, and my friend got the breakfast burrito. It was quite a bit of food and she couldn't finish it. We were very happy with our experience.

1  Thank mobrie1

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have wanted to visit The Little Diner on previous visits to Vail but was afraid of the rumored throngs of people who come in and out of their doors every day. Finally made it last weekend, and what an amazing, friendly and fast spot for delicious food, even amidst all of the other hungry and hopeful guests. The Little Diner staff is kind and killer efficient....yes, we had to wait, but even my family of four got in the door super efficiently and the service was exceptional once we were seated. Plus, the food is outta this world good. My son had the croissant sandwich which just tasted like something straight out of Paris. The Dutch Baby exceeded expectations (despite reading all of the rave reviews on Tripadvisor!) and the Taxi Driver (? I think that is right) was just right, with some terrific homemade green chili. We will be back every time we head to Vail.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Food at the Little Diner is fresh, tasty and perfectly executed. It's a bustling place that probably seats no more than 30 at a time. The efficient and friendly staff keep everything moving and the use of space is amazing. Executive chef Brian Little astutely offered to substitute avocado for bacon when I order a "BLT without the B" and the sandwich was delicious. A photo of a sumptuous German apple pancake makes me want to return in the winter for some classic alpine comfort food.

1  Thank puglover11
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Wow! This was the best breakfast experience we ever had - the set up was quaint, and the food was holy cow delicious. Fantastic pancakes (I mean, FANTASTIC). We'd recommend the Ranch Hand Breakfast - you get a little bit of everything...eggs, hash browns, bacon, toast, and a pancake (seriously, don't forego the pancake).
Hours are 7-ish to around 2. We arrived right at 7 to find a group of people in line. We were seated right when the restaurant opened about 7:15. Note that there is limited seating (just one U-shaped counter), so there may be a wait if you aren't there early, but it's well worth it. People who had arrived after the first wave waited only about 15 minutes.

DO NOT MISS THIS!!!!

1  Thank Jessie D
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Had a great breakfast there on a Tuesday morning. No wait. I ordered a Dutch pancake. YUM! Order this if you like pancakes/cream puff crust. I ordered it with HOMEMADE cinnamon apples (none of this canned pie, filling stuff). Warning this dish will easily serve four. So share it or hope you have a room fridge. This place was a short walk from the Marriott.