“Great Food”

Montauk Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Montauk Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 124 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: We are a short walk from two local bus stops which are accessible via the Intown bus or the West Vail Green and Red buses. When coming from the west, get off on the Lionshead/Concert Hall Plaza stop. From the east, get off on the main Lionshead stop.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Outstanding service and food. They had our favorite Shigoku Oysters which while pricey are the best I've ever had. Their PEI Mussels were good but we've had better. Here is where we really enjoyed ourselves. My wife had the Miso Glazed Lake Superior Walleye. This is a roasted Walley with Miso glaze, crispy soba noodle cake, sweet and hot cucumber Tobiko salad and aged soy beurre blanc. This dish is very similiar to Roy's Hawaiian Fusion Misoyaki Butterfish which is her favorite dish. Add a little Wasabi on the side and that would put it over the top. I had the Linguini with Seafood. Baja white prawns, Alaskan Dungeness Crab, Florida Rock Shrimp and Maine Sea Scallops tossed with linguini,Maine Lobster broth, butter, garlic and white wine. I could eaten this dish all night. I have to note that our waiter Michael, was fantastic. We enjoyed everything so much we went back the next night. My wife had the Miso Glazed Walleye again and I went with the very enjoyable Hawaiian Ahi Seared Rare.White gulf
shrimp and fresh vegetable stir fry, sushi rice cake and soy-vinaigrette with ginger and wasabi. Now we are trying to find an excuse to go back to Vail so that we can dine here again.

1  Thank Dragonass
There are newer reviews for Montauk Seafood Grill

Reviewed 23 July 2014

If you are a seafood lover, be sure to have dinner here when visiting Vail. Our meals (Lake Superior walleye and Maine scallops) were outstanding. Prices are somewhat high, as are most in Vail, but definitely worth it here. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The simply to cook items were the best, like the king crab legs.
Walleye was made elementary and just of wrong design.
Scallops just bla. Same for the vegetables Julian. Even the salad was on the bland side.
Bread was undesirable... Didn't taste fresh at all.
Service was average. Waiter asked us for bread 3xs, we said yes, it never arrived till we ask the busser to remind him.
On a positive note the mussles in white wine were tasty though tiny.

Lived in Vail for two seasons and come at least 15xs a year.

Also grew up 35 miles from Montauk Long Island for 26 years.
We wanted to like this place... But couldn't. It's lacking culinary flare.
Better choices in Vail for your money.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is my 4th time here and always top notch seafood with a flair. They always have great oysters for starters, plus many others. This time I had the Wasabi Walleye and my wife had the seafood linguini. Both were exceptional, as always. It's a bit pricey, as Vail can be, but nice portions and well worth it.

1  Thank f02301
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Ate at Montauk last night. Had the entree Halibut and it was excellent. One of the better meals I had in Vail. Highly suggest this over some of the other restaurants in the Village.

2  Thank Girl1Tx