This was our first winter vacation in Vail and we arrived November 20th expecting our two bedroom villa to be available. Unfortunately, there was a "mistake" and they gave us a one bedroom with a loft (room 4308). We were told the lady who made our reservation was new and typed in the wrong "code." While disappointed we didn't get the room we asked for, we were more than satisfied with what we ended up with. I believe someone else mentioned the villa sleeps eight and since there were only four of us, it worked out well. Our balcony faced a hill and so we didn't have to worry about people looking into our room.
We enjoyed the gym, which was pretty impressive for a hotel/resort. Tons of free weights, the usual cardio machines and weight machines. We also took advantage of the pool and sauna.
The one difference with this Marriott time share was the fact that the room did not have a washer and dryer. The front desk said the washer/dryers are located on the first floor and free of charge. There were only 3 washers and 3 dryers for the entire Douglas wing, but it worked out. If you don't have detergent, they have vending machines. We have used Marriott time shares extensively throughout the US and this was the first one that didn't have a washer/dryer in the room.
One evening, we asked for some extra pots and had to call back when they were not delivered. Another time we called for extra liquid dish soap and it never did arrive. Other than that, the staff was good. Like someone said, some were more friendlier then others, but we did not encounter any rudeness or indifference.
If you are going for a skiing trip, this is a good spot. Their shuttle will drop you off and pick you up. They have a rental shop on the second floor and the equipment was good.
This is Vail - it is a beautiful setting and the hotel seemed ready for ski season. Would we go back? Absolutely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alluring Vail, Colorado is renowned for its sensational skiing and year-round diversions. Marriott's StreamSide Douglas at Vail masterfully captures the elegance and European charm of this legendary locale while offering the comforts of home and the amenities of a resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your Marriott's StreamSide Douglas at Vail reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Streamside Douglas At Vail Hotel Vail
- Marriotts Streamside Douglas Vail
- Vail Marriott