“Fun & Professional Crew!”
Review of Camelot Balloons

Camelot Balloons
Ranked #10 of 19 Tours in Vail
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun & Professional Crew!”
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Hands down a must do in Vail!
Merlin and his crew know what they're doing. They have a great energy and make it very fun! I can't wait to come back and do it again.

Visited December 2013

new mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awesome views”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I have never taken a balloon ride. My wife wanted to go so I did the husbandly thing and joined her. I think I had more fun that she did. I would not miss this exciting morning with Mervin and his team. We flew with a guy name hoot, and yes he was a HOOT. Very entertaining. The show continued after our flight with a full breakfast and yes bubbles in my glass. Thank you Camelot for help making memories for myself and my wife. Worth every penny!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank flyboy12
Cedar Falls, Iowa
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Balloon rides Vail Colorado”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

When you balloon you must start with a very experienced operator. Merlin is just that guy. He has been doing this for years. Merilin is a crusty, charming, professional balloonist. His personality, knowledge and recanting of local, as well as ballooning history, truly adds to the experience. You will not be disappointed!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank gbonsall
Thousand Oaks, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Up , Up and Away!”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Prior to our visit to the Beaver Creek area, I did a lot of research on fun family things to do. Having tried once before to take a Hot Air Balloon in Palm Springs (wind did not cooperate), I found Camelot Hot Air Ballooning through the Westin Beaver Creek's concierge. I eagerly scoured their website www.camelotballoons.com and spoke to Merlin, the lead pilot and owner - and I am so glad I did! Camelot operates year round in the Vail valley. We were there in August, and I can imagine how beautiful it must be in the winter. I booked our flight and got all the information. Merlin takes a deposit and promised to call if the wind or weather was not optimal for the launch. We woke up at the crack of dawn, put on our layers and headed to the launch site about 20 miles away from Beaver Creek, right by the Eagle Regional Airport. We were met by another couple who had also booked . A few moments later, Merlin and his crew arrived with hot coffee and hot chocolate and the balloons. We got a short lesson and watched the inflation of the huge balloons with eager anticipation! I was so excited, like a kid in a candy shop! There is a photographer (amy) who snapped hundred of pictures of the adventure. It was a crystal clear morning and the winds were perfect. Up , Up and Away ! My family of four (two children ages 9 and 13) and Merlin climbed aboard - and I was amazed at how quiet and smooth the flight was. All of my nervousness disappeared in about 10 seconds after lift off. Visibility was amazing! We could see Aspen from 1400 feet above the Vail Valley! Merlin is quite the character with over 25 years of ballooning experience - he was a geologist in his corporate life and gave that up to start Camelot. It is really an awe inspiring experience when you are left to guise of the wind. I don't think the smiles ever left our faces! Lift off and landing were smooth. Up in the air for about 50 minutes that literally flew by. Once we were back on the ground, the crew had a celebratory picnic set up for us and there was some congratulatory champagne toasting for everyone. Amy downloaded the 130 photos she took onto a flashdrive for purchase (and of course we did). I took many pictures while aloft in the balloon, but Amy's were even better!
The only thing I would suggest is use the restroom before you arrive - you are, afterall, in a field and the whole experience lasted about 3 1/2 hours from start to finish.

I would highly recommend Camelot Balloons to anyone - of any age who wants to cross Hot Air Ballooning off their bucket list!

Visited August 2013