“A Must in Vail!”

Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: E Lionshead Circle
Transit: Take Free Vail in-town bus to Lionshead bus stop. Walk through Lionshead to the gondola. Plan to check in at the gondola 30 minutes before your reservation time.
Description: Reopening June 20th for Summer dining! Game Creek Restaurant is located at 10,300 feet, at the top of Vail Mountain. Enjoy a gondola ride and cozy snow cat ride or shuttle in the summer to an elegant European chalet, where the ambiance is charming and the memories are long-lasting. Renowned for the fabulous view, Game Creek Restaurant features modern American style cooking with regional and seasonal ingredients. The menu is comprised of contemporary dishes and Game Creek favorites. Game Creek Restaurant offers an award-winning and extensive wine list, and personalized service. More than simply a restaurant high above Vail, Game Creek Restaurant has emerged as a true culinary destination. Adults choose from a 3, 4, or 5 course prix fixe menu, and a special 3-course children's menu is also offered. Open for Dinner December through April, and for Dinner and Sunday Brunch June 20th through Labor Day.
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Visited with my wife and three boys (6, 4, 2). Not only was everything original and delicious, but the chef also took into account some dietary restrictions and adjusted the recipes for us. We went early to enjoy the sunset from atop the mountain with spectacular views. Staff was superb, and of course the experience of riding up the gondola and then the snowcat make it an evening we will all always remember. 5-stars all around!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We must have picked the worst weather to go up to Game Creek Lodge for dinner but in a way it added to the experience that it was snowy, up in the gondola wrapped in blankets then on the snowcat, great fun followed by fabulous food! (ps where are Berkshire pigs from guys!!!???!!!!)

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I spent hours and hours trying to come up with a perfect place in Vail to ask my girlfriend to marry me. I didn't want to do anything cheezy and I knew she wanted something a little more private. I also knew that I didn't want to do it AT a restaurant, so I decided on the gondola ride up to Game Creek. It was perfect and she loved it! The views on the ride were unreal and she was totally surprised when I proposed -- she thought we were just going to a bar on the mountain for dinner. After the gondola ride we hopped on the snowcat, which was pretty cool, to head to the restaraunt.

We had an early reservation so that we could take in the views before it got dark and I'm glad we did. We started with a few drinks at the bar (I had a celebratory Pappy Van Winkle -- gotta love any place that serves this stuff) and shared with the staff that we had just gotten engaged. They bent over backwards the rest of the night to make sure that we had a perfect evening (really can't thank them enough for all they did) -- complimentary drinks, dessers, excellent service. To top it off, my fiance asked to take a picture of the menu to remember the evening. Instead, the manager, Peter, gave us a menu signed by the chef.

Food was also very good -- top notch presentation and lots of flavor. My favorite was the pork belly appetizer, but I also enjoyed the elk for my entree. My fiance went with the waygu beef and loved it.

I have to admit I was a little nervous about how the whole evening would work out, but in the end I could not be happier with the results.

1  Thank RMinDC1
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I visited the Game Creek lodge with my wife and 14 year old son. Getting there was great- riding the gondola at night and boarding a slightly pimped out snowcat was great fun. However, we were expecting a somewhat rustic experience with large portions of wild game on the menu. Instead it was a very limited menu of delicately prepared dishes prepared by someone who clearly has too much time on his hands. Nevertheless, every course was tasty, the service was outstanding, and the atmosphere was glamorously cozy. Needless to say, our 14 year old was not impressed outside of the snowcat ride and mostly snickered at the pricey offerings from the kitchen. I'm glad we did it, but won't be rushing back there again.

2  Thank Camsdad11
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We ate there for New Years Eve dinner. Getting there was part of the fun(take the lionshead gondola to the top of the mountain where you get picked up by a snowcat and transported to the restaurant). The food was very good but very pricey. Would return again on special occasions.

Been to Game Creek Club? Share your experiences!