“Phenomenal Service”

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Centennial, Colorado
“Phenomenal Service”
Reviewed 27 May 2011

The service was outstanding, from valet, to front desk, to bartender, servers, housekeeping. Truly, every employee takes ownership, smiles and greets you in the hallway and when at their stations. We had the opportunity to experience breakfast in the deli/restaurant and the Huevos Rancheros were fantastic. All the meals were excellent. The hot tubs and pool area were a great place to unwind, especially with the long fire pit. The rooms were exceptionally quiet, had guests on both sides and heard nothing the entire week. I love that it is so to the center of all of Vail's restaurants and shops and ski facilities. We will certainly be back

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Telluride, Colorado
Reviewed 14 May 2011

I have visited Vail about 8 times, mostly in the hopes of making some “turns” in those world famous back bowls. My daughter and I chose the Sebastian Hotel due to its proximity and convenience to the shopping, eating and skiing. The resort was recently remodeled and has the feel of a very elegant ski lodge with the finest amenities and services without some of the stuffiness or pretentiousness you may find elsewhere. The spa is truly wonderful and I decided to spoil my teenage daughter with her first ever massage treatment. It was a massive hit! The hotels also offer several different dinning and après ski options depending on the level of sophistication you are seeking. Our unit was a spacious one bed room with two full baths and a deck overlooking the ski runs. Could we really ask for much more? I will never forget this very special vacation.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 26 April 2011

My wife and I are both in the Hotel Business and have been for the past 25 years. I have never considered writing an online review until now. We stayed at The Sebastian this past weekend on a leisure visit however, both being in Hospitality Sales we couldn't help ourselves and took a site tour of the meeting space.

Everything about The Sebastian was awesome! The function space was beautiful, very functional and easy to locate. The service was dynamite - The communication between departments was spot on. They also have the coolest bar in Vail...it was the only one still going strong into the later part of the evening both Fri & Sat nights.

Getting to the lifts was very convenient. Transportation was on call and the ski concierge was a grea service!

If you plan meetings...your guest/clients will love The Sebastian. Be sure it is included on your site visit list. It is a must see!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Sanibel Island, Florida
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Stayed at The Sebastian Vail last week with our grown daughter. What a beautiful place, with such friendly, courteous staff, lovely accomodations, and a great in-house restaurant called Block 16. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Away from the pool is a bit quieter at times.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank islandcurtis
Chicago
Reviewed 21 March 2011

I too never write hotel reviews, but I was very pleased with my stay at The Sebastian this March 2011. I stayed with my cousin and we purchased the Ski Free Spa Free package. Highly recommended if you are up for a weekend of skiing. The hotel is well situated in the resort village, and only a short walk from the nearest ski lift. The hotel offers a very convenient storage location for your ski equipment at the base of the ski lift.

Overall the hotel is very nice. Rooms and bathrooms are top notch. Although I would not recommend more than 2 people to a room, since it becomes a bit crowded. The Spa is very nice. Pools and jacuzzis were great. Workout room looks pretty nice too. Staff was great. Breakfast very good. Really, I could not find anything to complain about. I would definitely stay here again on a ski trip to Vail

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank seanjuan
St Albans
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Just spent 8 nights at The Sebastian. It was our first stay in Vail, although we'd skied the mountain a few times when staying elsewhere. Great location right in the village, 5 minutes walk from their very convenient Base Camp, where skis and boots can be stored. They were very helpful taking our kit back and forth to the hotel too, for day trips out to other mountains in the car.
Initially, we were given a central room, overlooking the lobby area, which wasn't great - no natural light, but they moved us as soon as possible to a better room.
The whole place is very cool, but traditional, beautifully decorated.
We did the ski/spa package, which was well worth doing. My only criticism was of The Market for breakfast. It was better than other complimentary breakfasts we've had elsewhere, but the staff seemed pretty unaware, clearing the table while we went up to the buffet more than once. There is reasonable variety, but the same each day, and not worth it if you're paying for it.
Block 16 was excellent for dinner once, with it's own atmosphere. I would normally opt to eat outside my hotel, but it was a very good option.
Nice outside area with hot tubs, pool and fire pit. Busy with spring break kids, but I imagine great when it's quieter.
I would certainly return to The Sebastian, and would recommend it. We've stayed in some of the best hotels worldwide and this was one of our best ski hotel experiences.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Jenks58
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 9 March 2011

I stayed at The Sebastian March 4-8 2011, and I never write reviews, but this place was so great I had to tell everyone. From the second we pulled into the valet, I was impressed. The Sebastian is situated on 16 Vail Rd. which is right in the heart of Vail Village. Before entering the building our check-in process had begun. The valet/doorman asked my name, and by the time I was to the front desk and was warmed by the double sided fireplace my key was ready along with an explanation about the amenities and the details of our ski-free spa-free package (THE BEST DEAL IN VAIL). The girls at the front desk were very welcoming and made me feel comfortable right away. Even though I arrived an hour before check in time, they didn't even mention it.
The room was great, comfortable, spacious, nicely decorated, along with great bath robes and an espresso machine!. Breakfast at the Market was just what I needed to start the day, with the freshest of fruits, home-made granola, eggs, bacon, potatoes, french toast, etc. and fast and friendly service. Ski valet at base camp is the way to go. Friendly knowledgeable staff go the extra mile to make sure you get exactly what you need and give trail advice. The location could not be more convenient, literally 20 yards away from the lift. The bartenders at Frost were on it, and made us great drinks and conversation. The front desk staff and concierge helped me with everything from finding a safety pin for a broken zipper, to helping me fax an important document. They helped with info on weather conditions and the best places to eat and drink. The spa was fantastic and I got an amazing massage followed by hot ten minutes in the steam room.
The jacuzzi and pool area were great. Right along side an out door fire pit, that made a 20 degree night seem toasty. What more can I say? Every single staff member that I had an encounter with made me like the place more and more. My only question: Why isn't this place rated 5 stars??? IT IS IN MY BOOK! And I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank bobsbrain
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vail
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Manor Vail Lodge
Manor Vail Lodge
#5 of 30 in Vail

Been to The Sebastian - Vail? Share your experiences!