“Awesome!!!!!!”

The Sebastian - Vail
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Just like the prvious post, my wife and I decided to take a couple of days to ourselves without the kids. The staff here from the valet to the check-in to the check-out were the best!!!! This property is truly first class and their customer service is the best I have ever seen. The rooms are nice and the common areas are stunning. My wife and I were treated like royalty and the location is perfect.

My only gripe is I wish I had asked for a room with a view. Once we arrived in our room, the view was of a courtyard (or a space between the buildings) and not of the village, the moutain or even the road. I was going to go back and ask but my wife didn't want to fuss because she already unpacked and asked how much would we really be in the room? Good point I thought but I still wish I would have asked. My loss!!

Anyway, if you are looking for a romantic getaway, this is it, you will not be disappointed!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 December 2011

wife and I had a weekend away without the kids. We dont get any time alone without kids so we wanted everything perfect. We struggled to make a decision on where to stay. we chose the sebastion and were glad we did. Had the best time, hotel staff was awsome. Vallet named Joey was very nice and really appreciated everything him and the whole staff did to make this an awsome stay. Hotel was awsome.

Room Tip: book with hotel not travel site they comped parking for us
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank adan m
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I loved all of the amenities in the room: snacks, etc! The hot tub was gorgeous! Loved the frost bar too. Nice staff. I would only suggest free or smaller rate overnight parking for value-add to the Vail experience!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 29 November 2011

The Sebastian Vail is a great hotel. My wife and I stayed for 4 days the week before the hills opened for the season. The hotel is clean, the staff are friendly and accomodating, and the location is perfect. We would definitely stay at the Sebastian again.

Room Tip: This hotel is a member of the iPrefer network. By joining iPrefer you receive email deals and free u...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott14
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Even though the rooms have nothing fancy, they have a pretty good size and are really clean. The bathroom is also really good. The decoration of the lobby and the community areas is great.
We had a room giving on the road but we've never been bothered by the noise.
The service is clearly what made our experience so enjoyable. We've never seen the cleaning crew and the room was always clean. We did stay a lot of time in the room though. The staff is really friendly and they offered us water bottles and cookies every evening.
There is an outdoor pool with hot water and 4 hot tub which are really fun, and really helped relaxed after ski.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2011

My daughter Jordan and I were in Colorado for her campus visit at CU Boulder. I tacked on a Vail trip because I really wanted to share the Vail experience with her, having visited once before myself 2 years ago with a friend. From the moment we checked in, we felt like family and were treated well, especially when I checked in with my military ID - thanks Eric :-) From managers to front desk staff to in-room service staff to base camp staff, everyone was just fantastic - Eric, Jeroen (dank u wel!), Heidi & Kirk & all the base camp staff, Doug (in-room service), the ladies behind the bar at Frost (Saturday night), GM Lance - I'm forgetting names but everyone was just great. The property is beautiful and the location is fantastic - in the Village and uber-close walkable to Vista Bahn lift. Breakfast at Market became a habit with the huge portions and scrumptions pancakes. Being able to leave skis/boots/poles/board at base camp - priceless! Relaxing in a hot tub after icy opening season conditions on the slopes - awesome :-) Liquor store directly out back door - convenient. Our Colorado trip had gotten off to a stressful start so to come to a beautiful oasis like The Sebastian and meet such friendly people in the staff was a godsend. I got an excellent deal on Hotwire but the property is definitely worth the hotel's web site rates. The only minus is that the room was really dark; more lighting would be a huge plus. That's a very small issue though. I can't wait to go back; if my daughter picks CU, The Sebastian may very well become a home away from home and would make sending my only kid off to college more sweet than bitter :-) I've already started pricing an MLK or Presidents' Weekend stay - thanks again guys for helping us create great mom & daughter memories!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Stayed with my husband and two teenage children in the week prior to July 4, 2011. This understated property is actually very elegant and tasteful. The staff is wonderful and friendly and the service is excellent. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family