“a really great experience”

The Sebastian - Vail
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 15 December 2011

for an early season ski vacation, the Sebastian was great! we visited Dec 1 -Dec 4.

we were on the ski free spa free deal. It was a value plus package.

the staff at the hotel were welcoming, the breakfast was fabulous and the location of the hotel is good.

Our only complaint was the constant hum of the music. (and that the back bowls weren't open)

Reviewed 14 December 2011

Recently my girlfriend and I decided to take a little time away for Christmas and was trying to choose between the Sebastian or the Four Seasons. Wanting a nice place to stay we got on and read the reviews and decided to go with the Sebastian. It was for sure NOT a dissapointment. It was our first time to stay in Vail and do the ski thing there. From the moment we arrived at the hotel, we were treated like royalty. The staff at the Sebeastian far beyond exceed our expectations. From the front desk folks, to the concierge, to the drivers, and the bartenders. It was a great vacation and I would recommend anyone thinking of choosing this place YOU WILL NOT GO WRONG! Thanks guys for a great experience that we wont forget!

Reviewed 14 December 2011

We stayed for three nights and can not wait to go back. We loves everything from the hotel bar, lobby, to the outdoor hottubs! It was our first experience in Vail and could not imagine staying anywhere else. Vail is a dream come true and we are already planning a return visit in a few months.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 10 December 2011

My husband and I had a weekend getaway December 1st-4th. It was our first time skiing ever. We had a fantasic experience in Vail and at the Sebastian. We read all of the reviews for the different hotels on trip advisor and decided to go with the Sebastian. They did not disappoint! We had a wonderful time!! The staff was very friendly and engaging. They make you feel like you're a celebrity. We went with the ski free and spa free package. Our massages were amazing, especially after a couple of days of soreness from skiing. It also included free daily breakfast at The Market restaurant, which was delish!! I highly recommend this ski resort!

Reviewed 9 December 2011

Just like the prvious post, my wife and I decided to take a couple of days to ourselves without the kids. The staff here from the valet to the check-in to the check-out were the best!!!! This property is truly first class and their customer service is the best I have ever seen. The rooms are nice and the common areas are stunning. My wife and I were treated like royalty and the location is perfect.

My only gripe is I wish I had asked for a room with a view. Once we arrived in our room, the view was of a courtyard (or a space between the buildings) and not of the village, the moutain or even the road. I was going to go back and ask but my wife didn't want to fuss because she already unpacked and asked how much would we really be in the room? Good point I thought but I still wish I would have asked. My loss!!

Anyway, if you are looking for a romantic getaway, this is it, you will not be disappointed!!!!!!

Reviewed 8 December 2011

wife and I had a weekend away without the kids. We dont get any time alone without kids so we wanted everything perfect. We struggled to make a decision on where to stay. we chose the sebastion and were glad we did. Had the best time, hotel staff was awsome. Vallet named Joey was very nice and really appreciated everything him and the whole staff did to make this an awsome stay. Hotel was awsome.

Room Tip: book with hotel not travel site they comped parking for us
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank adan m
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I loved all of the amenities in the room: snacks, etc! The hot tub was gorgeous! Loved the frost bar too. Nice staff. I would only suggest free or smaller rate overnight parking for value-add to the Vail experience!

• Stayed: November 2011
Travellers also viewed these Vail hotels
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail
#3 of 30 in Vail
Manor Vail Lodge
Manor Vail Lodge
#5 of 30 in Vail

Been to The Sebastian - Vail? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Sebastian - Vail

Address: 16 Vail Rd, Vail, CO 81657-5049
Region: United States > Colorado > Vail
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Ski-In / Ski-Out Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Business Hotel in Vail
#1 Ski-In / Ski-Out Hotel in Vail
#2 Spa Hotel in Vail
#2 Family Hotel in Vail
#3 Luxury Hotel in Vail
#4 Romantic Hotel in Vail
Price Range: £190 - £844 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — The Sebastian - Vail 5*
The Sebastian- Vail is Vail's hippest boutique hotel located in the heart of Vail Village. You'll find every imaginable comfort in the hotel rooms and suites. Accommodation options are wide ranging starting with our Sebastian Classic room with a single queen bed and going to full residential style suites of up to four bedrooms. All guests receive welcome amenities, nightly turn down service. Amenities on property are Bloom Spa, Frost Bar and our Alpine bistro-inspired restaurant, Leonora. A four season outdoor pool with hot tubs and a firepit complete the experience. The Sebastian offers five star services that extend through every part of your stay. Concierge, room service, and slopeside ski valet at Base Camp. The Sebastian - Vail is the place you need to experience winter, summer, spring or fall. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Sebastian - Vail reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Sebastian - Vail Hotel Vail